Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop People Copying My Site

TRshady
    how do I stop people being able to right-click and copy my sites content? (similar to the k-lite homepage).

Anyone know? ................... please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    there is no point if people want ur content that bad then they will find ways of copying it anyway.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    If you just wanna disable right-clicking then you do:

<body onrightclick="alert(&#39;You cannot right-click, sorry&#33;&#39;">

or... something like that, i can&#39;t remember now (that is, whether it goes into the body tag or not). However, people can always click view > source. If you wanna prevent that too... use ASP. But you&#39;ll have to learn it first and then find a server that supports it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    Check this out ----&#62;Stop Right Click&#33;

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    TRshady
    wow, thank you very much to all who have replied.

I don&#39;t really mind if people were to copy as none of the content is &#39;mine&#39; but having a right click copy disabled would be perfect or some sort of barrier which would make it harder. so thank you and keep &#39;em tips coming.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    LOL stopping right click... haha... i did that with a couple of my being pages but now i got way too many pages to stop right click... takes too much time writing it in every single page

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    TRshady
    lol, I&#39;m just doing it to my comedy page as people could easily copy the whole page and it takes a while putting that list together. It&#39;s done now. The other sections I might do another time.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ah icic... did i remind u to put a disclaimer on ur rom site... since roms are illegal...

thatz prob since u didnt read my flooble chat i respond in my flooble chat frequently

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    TRshady
    oh yeah, just saw it now. *Me goes get one off emumaniacs.com*. Thanks.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    heh icic no problem...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast