Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by balamm@25 May 2003 - 19:12
    That error could also be because the repair operation isn't completed yet. You've flushed DNS, removed the old config, and released all. Now you need to repair the original problem that stopped the network( possibly by re-installing the network protocol) and then try renew again. Make sure you don't have any firewalls loaded and that they aren't set to block all access when they aren't loaded.
    I dont have socketlock on my comp.

You say that i have to:
    -flush dns (c:\>ipconfig /flushdns)
    -remove old config (how do i do this?)
    -release all (is this: c:\>ipconfig /release?)
    -re-installing network protocol (how do i do this?)

Thanks in advance for any help

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    My step brother (21) manged to physically punch the front casing off of his pc, was so funny, hes a 6 foot 5 hard bastard lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by RGX@26 May 2003 - 16:26
    My step brother (21) manged to physically punch the front casing off of his pc, was so funny, hes a 6 foot 5 hard bastard lol
    lol

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    plz anyone else out there who can help?

It says that i dont have tcp/ip installed when i do!
    Is this a hacking issue? Virus issue? or something i did wrong?
    i'm getting desperate and rly frustrated with no internet on my home computer.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I'll have ago but I might bot be able to help. First who is your broadband supplier? How do you connect your modem to the pc?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    sorry if too basic

goto start - control panel - system and click the hardware tab then click device manager and any hardware conflicts will show up there

also goto internet properties - connections to check that your connection is set to default

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by aintgottime@27 May 2003 - 21:14
    I'll have ago but I might bot be able to help. First who is your broadband supplier? How do you connect your modem to the pc?
    AT&T. I have a network adapter which connect to my home LAN.

I really dont think this is a problem with the internet i get from AT&T. I believe
    this is more of a computer problem

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by Manny Calavera@27 May 2003 - 21:15
    sorry if too basic

goto start - control panel - system and click the hardware tab then click device manager and any hardware conflicts will show up there

also goto internet properties - connections to check that your connection is set to default
    no hardware conflicts and it automatically detects connection.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Sorry even more basic

Restart holding down F8 then goto last known good configuration. Try system restore

Had a similar prob so i installed sp1 and i think it reinstalled or reset sumfing and sorted it

like i say sorry if i sound dumb

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast