Thread: Training Day

ok, my question: towards the end after jake pulls alfonzo out of the car and holds the gun to him, how come all his boys in the hood turn their backs on him instead of helping him? why did they suddenly take jakes back? was something said that i missed, or what??

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Apperantly u did miss something because actually it was a quote by one of the dudes in the movie "i don't like that nigga" and u could tell they didn't like him thats y they didn't help

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    alright thanks. im gonna watch it again.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Ya, they respected him to a point, cuz he was law... but they also despised him, cuz he abused that, and used it against them... so when it came to law vs law... they didnt have his back, cuz they were sick of his shit... black skin or not, it didnt matter, so clearly he must have really pissed them off.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    yeah. they did respect him when he came and intoduced jake. but behind his back they didnt. apparently he did piss them off cuz they were sick of him tryin to run shit. but it didnt seem very realistic, because being the gangstas that they were, they should have just shot him.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I agree sorta z... but think of it this way, if word got out, where, or who shot him... you know his crew, who was so loyal to him, would have retaliated... so i think that was part of the motivation to not just cap his ass

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    yeah. they should have made that more obvious in the movie tho, cuz at first it kinda just seems cheesy.
    too much thinking.
    aight.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    they're not really his boys. he's just a bully who they have to deal with because he could be arresting them for their gang activities and such, but he chooses not to. even tho he acts friendly with them, his relationship with the guys in the ghetto is strictly business and they're only tolerating each other because it's convenient. they don't really have any respect for him at all.

think about when he took the rookie to visit the mexicans, and then bails out when nobody's looking. those guys don't like him either, even tho he brings them gifts and acts all friendly with them. he's trying to buy their loyalty, but all he's really buying is the right to walk around their turf without getting shot.