Thread: Downloading Slow From Popular Files? Try This !

gilmey
    maybe most people do it or know about it
    when u search for a popular file and u get alot of sources and u start download and it only downloads from 2 slow users simply click pause and then resume until it starts downloading from fast users or from many users believe me it works
    i downloaded a file and it downloaded from 2 people at 5 kb then i paused it and resumed and it downloaded from 15 users at 50 kb which is my top speed !!!!
    but when u pause and resume give it a little time if it downloads slow then pause again
    these will only work if the file has many sources cause rare files will usually download slow no matter what
    i hope this helps plz post if it helps or not ))))
    (im using the latest kazaa lite build)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    yes known it for a while thanks anyway

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Forum Star
    very new to this - (have used winmx for a while) - but have been wondering if it's poss to corrupt the file your getting just by pausing, as it seems that files can be corrupted by shutting down/rebooting, even when paused. ??

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    very true pol. You can corrupt a file by rebooting or if KaZaA crashes on you, i found this out the hard way. anyways to answer your question no, you cannot do any harm whatsoever to a file if you pause it... that's what its for

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Forum Star
    cheers - reason for asking was that im only at 128kisdn, so if i want to jump on the net for a while the pages take forever when dl :beerchug:

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    they should add an auto pause-resume.. till u get atleast a certain speed... maybe 10kb/s?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Hey wolfmight, wots wiv that REALLY fast download thingy??

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Buzzin@27 May 2003 - 17:19
    Hey wolfmight, wots wiv that REALLY fast download thingy??
    either an edited image or downloading from own computer
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by OcramC+27 May 2003 - 15:18--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OcramC @ 27 May 2003 - 15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Buzzin@27 May 2003 - 17:19
    Hey wolfmight,&nbsp; wots wiv that REALLY fast download thingy??
    either an edited image or downloading from own computer[/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s too fast even for a raid array inside a local computer.

Most hard drives can only read at speeds of 60 MB/sec or less (60 MB/sec ~= 60,000 KB/sec) -- and if they&#39;re on the same IDE controller, each 2 are limited to ~80-90 MB/sec.

Scsi-3 only goes up to around 320 MB/sec as well -- and that&#39;s THEORETICAL max, not actual max.

I&#39;d say it&#39;s a doctored picture...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    i was trying some of the thing in the F.A.Q&#39;s and got around a hundred on one of my movie files.