Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how are we supposed to get good trackers

DISABLED PRIVS
    basically, the best way to get those 4 or 4.5 ranked site is just to offer 5 ranked sites in return.

don't excpect that your offer of 3rd ranked sited will get much attanion if any.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Eazil's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    And with good ratios in the tracker you have.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    turbotalon21's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    good info thanks guys

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by awdtalon21 View Post
    how do i get level 3 or 4 trackers when i have nothing to trade for those sites, because no one want the lower trackers, and i dont know anybody with invites to the sites.
    << Get some connections, become 'friends' with other users, earn a rep as an honest/good user....wait for open sign ups
    -There are many ways....TBH, trading is probably the riskiest way of going about it. some sites disable both inviter and invitee - It also flags and brings to attention every1 else on there invite list.
    Proud Member of:

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    just because something is difficult to obtain, does not mean it's better than a lower "level" site. keep that in mind.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    just because something is difficult to obtain, does not mean it's better than a lower "level" site. keep that in mind.
    Precisely. The levels have absolutely nothing to do with quality of content.

The higher the level, the the harder it is to gain access or obtain an invite.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Got me my 20 posts! BT Rep: +5
    I would figure the harder the website to get in the less likely it is to have something you're looking for. The assumption I'm making is that the website that is more difficult to get in also has fewer users than the one that is less difficult to get in thus less content. Is this true ? I have yet to be on sct... and all those other ones.

I'm really interested in learning what exactly makes these websites so hard to get into??? Ahh well, you people will learn to have faith in me!! I like sharing.. I'm from NA where bandwidth is relatively cheap hehe.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Dahg's Avatar King of the BBQ
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyflow7 View Post
    I would figure the harder the website to get in the less likely it is to have something you're looking for. The assumption I'm making is that the website that is more difficult to get in also has fewer users than the one that is less difficult to get in thus less content. Is this true ? I have yet to be on sct... and all those other ones.

I'm really interested in learning what exactly makes these websites so hard to get into??? Ahh well, you people will learn to have faith in me!! I like sharing.. I'm from NA where bandwidth is relatively cheap hehe.
    I see your point, I find when I need that prog I would expect to find on a closed site - and dont.... I check some free site and somehow find it... that doesnt work for scene releases as well.. but it does work... It does depend on what your looking for!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Two sites that have open signups right now and have excellent pre times are Respect The Seed and Peer Portal. Also SCC is either open signup or giving away invites like candy. Build a rep there and I'm sure you will eventually get better sites.

It doesn't happen in a week or a month. But give it time and you can work your way up pretty easily. Or take the shortcuts which will shortly become apparent to you.
    Last edited by Sentient; 02-22-2007 at 06:00 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Start at the bottom and work your way up thats what i did.....

Become part of a sites community through forums and IRC and make friends, you never know who has invites to where. Not to mention i think most would rather give an invite to a friend than to a stranger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123