Thread: Question About Downloading Files On Grabit

BK_Representer
    i dunno if itz just me but anytime wen therez only 1 file left to download the speed goes from fast to very slow and it takes awhile to download just 1 more file, y is that?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    When you say one more file do you literally mean one more file (like .rar) or one more article? If its the first, then I have no idea. If its the second, I guess grabit is just closing the connections and since its the last article, theres no use opening up new connections and so the speed slows.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    BK_Representer
    Quote Originally Posted by erRor67 View Post
    When you say one more file do you literally mean one more file (like .rar) or one more article? If its the first, then I have no idea. If its the second, I guess grabit is just closing the connections and since its the last article, theres no use opening up new connections and so the speed slows.
    1 more file like .rar

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    The problem with Grabit is it uses 1 connection per file, if you use 4 connections (100kb each) you would get full speed with 4 files, 300kb/s with 3 files, 200kb/s with 2 files and.. 100kb/s with 1 file.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Well, there you go. I didnt know that about grabit.

So I suppose you can switch to Newsleecher because it uses all its connections to download files. But, newsleecher isnt free.
    blah blah blah... whatever...