Thread: Compare demonoid vs bitme vs others?

Hi,

I was wondering how do these private trakers compare to each other.

I have a demonoid account, and I have heard a lot about bitme.org. Do these two accounts have almost the same material. I am looking particularlly for ebooks, not really textbooks, but other books to read.

Can someone compare these sites.

Does material that is psoted on one site eventually end up on others, due to other people uploading else were, or is the material exclusive to the site.

Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering how do these private trakers compare to each other.

I have a demonoid account, and I have heard a lot about bitme.org. Do these two accounts have almost the same material. I am looking particularlly for ebooks, not really textbooks, but other books to read.

Can someone compare these sites.

Does material that is psoted on one site eventually end up on others, due to other people uploading else were, or is the material exclusive to the site.

Thanks.
    demonoid is a mess of everything. bitme is great tracker for learning material. they ain't the same category. yeah, some stuff spills over, but don't count on that. if you can - get bitme, you probably already have demonoid.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks,
    Yes I already have a demonoid account, I will try and get a bitme account soon.

Can anyone tell me about bitspyder and ebitz? Are these sites mainly for textbooks? Or other reading materials as well?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Same as bitme me but not as good.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thanks now I need to get an invite to BitMe.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    micky3840's Avatar LOVE TORRENT FILES BT Rep: +5
    i want one aswell

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    janine's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +1
    bitme is the best and (almost) original (well, first there was schwak...where u at hulk?) learnbits has been around for a while (off to a strange and slow start, but apparantly good these days?). bitspyder is damn good, with a fresh look, then there's elbitz which might be picking up, but was slow last i checked...

all of them dedicated to e-learning (ebooks, trainingprogrammes, documentaries, self-help etc.)

they do NOT compare to demonoid (as stated above) which in reality is just a free-for-all open tracker like piratebay.

go to the BitTorrent Invites Section (when you fill the criteria), and you shouldn't have too much difficulty obtaining an invite for one or several of these trackers

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks, I will be sure to go to the invites section, once I meet the requirements.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I dunno for sure; I have yet to use bitme. However, I really like demonoid. I like the ratio system (keeps peeps honest), and is has a good communal feeling to it.
    Plus, its not crazy stupid hard to get invites too ;-)

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I still use demonoid as much as any other tracker that i have i like it for misc. applications and things like that.Never use it for anything big like games or movies but its still a great site.

There ratio system hardly even updates correctly and can be scammed pretty easily.I see all kinds of people on there with like 20 gigs downloaded and less the 1 gig up to me that is the worst part of the site.Why try to fake a ratio system when you know it doesn't work and there are no rules at all.

Here is an example of a loser on that site
    http://www.demonoid.com/users/sherlock123
    notice the Warnings: 0 (5 to ban)
    Last edited by deuce6000; 02-24-2007 at 05:11 AM.