Thread: Webserver

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    with my current isp i get free webspce, the basic service, just wondering if anyone thinks it will be worth going for the advanced webserver, the service is reliable, i would mostly use it for the space, as i curently have my monkey site on lycos, and would like to move it onto my isp webserver, but dont have the space.
    and also so i can host more files. any veiws appreciated. thanks. see the link below for the info on advanced and basic services.
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/web/tiers.shtml

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Wow, I must say you have a great site... I will probably be going to it everday. Anyways, personally I have no idea how £4 compares to $4. So I wouldn't know how much your really paying. But if your just trying to get more space, I would first try to make your download links download from somewhere else, so it will give you some more space (but be sure to give credit). But if you already done this and still need more space, then you can also try to register for "blueyonder" again but with a new username. That way you will get another 30 megs of storage space for free. Just link all your downloads to your other account and it will be just fine. But if you just dont want to go through all the hassle and want to spend some money (I still dont know how much though) then go ahead and go with advance.

btw, whats "Flash FXP"?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    blueyonder is my isp, you only get the spae if you use them as your isp, so i cant signup again, as i would have to pay for another account.
    flash fxp is a ftp client, it also support ftp site to site transfers. all the images have a link to the programs hompage. also all the downloads link to the softwares server. the only ones i got on my site are kazaa lite ones. as i am a mirror for it.

i think £4 is about $6 american dollars.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    well I can see your hosting a few other files. But if your geting the visitors and is in need of more space then I would say go for it. But without having some visitors to your site (visitors over a long period of time) then it would be a waste of money unless your just doing it to hold all your files or just to make you feel good that you have a wonderful website. Otherwise like I said before, go for it...