Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I Do This With My Computer And Ps2?

can u have the ps2 read my dvd format disk and open it in my computer like if using a dvd drive? if so how and wat do i need to hook it up and where, ect.
    thanks

ps-if ur gonna say just buy a dvd drive, i dont have that money at this time so im wondering if this might work?

sorry if this is in the wrong fourm but i think this is where it should go

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    no unless you have a vid card with rca-in and why would you wanna hook it up to your comp????

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    no special reson really, im just wondering if it can be done if i ever need to do it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ANYTHING can be done with a comp, If ya gots the $

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    What DVD format disk are talking about? DVD-V, DVD-A, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW or DVD-RAM?

As far as I know, PS2 is only compatible with DVD-Vs and As, at a poor 1x (1.355Mbps) and with only PCM and rubbish picture quality.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    well thats my point, ps2 doent play dvds very well so i wanna play the dvds on my beautiful lcd screen and not have to buy dvd drive, well not now...so is there basically a simple way to do this? wat do i need cuz my computer is brand new so it should have all that and more

and ps2s can read dvd video and dvd rom, which are the game cds and they are writen the same way as any other dvd rom for computer... suprise suprise

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by kms1357@25 May 2003 - 18:09
    ps-if ur gonna say just buy a dvd drive, i dont have that money at this time so im wondering if this might work?
    even if it is possible to link a PS2 to a PC and use the PS2 as a DVD drive, you would end up spending probably more money purchasing or constructing a physical link/cable than you would on a regular DVD-Rom drive.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    It would probably be very costly
    besides you can get a DVD ROM drive for £30 (UK)
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by kms1357@26 May 2003 - 09:08
    well thats my point, ps2 doent play dvds very well so i wanna play the dvds on my beautiful lcd screen
    Confused on this one, you say it does not play DVD's very well, yet you want to still use it to play them but watch on a pc lcd screen

If PS2 is not playing them well, what is the lcd gonna do for you, your still using the PS2 to play? Unless you just do not like the resolution on the tv screen?

How about a PS2 VGA Adapter, just hook up to the pc monitor from PS2? I agree though you are better off just purchasing a dvd player, cheap these days. The adapter runs around the same amount.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast