Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a good dvd burner program thats not nero

shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    lately ive been getting really annoyed with nero. i hate that it installs a bunch of programs that i dont need and i find it a bit invasive. i dont like nero scout or the crap that this program installs. i also find it buggy when working with vista. im looking for a simple reliable burning program that may include a recoding program (in case i want to make dvd out of avi files). anyone have any suggestions

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I swear by Super DVD Creator. I don't know how it works with Vista, but I have been very satisfied with it. I had too many issues with Nero, and tried just about everything. It converts avi to dvd superfast (depending on your ram and processor speed). Good Luck

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Have a look at Dreamweaver, it's pretty good

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    sonic record now is very good

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DVDclone is also good

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    . BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    freeware alternative : http://www.ripit4me.org/

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    For converting avi or other video files to DVD format I'd say ConvertXtoDVD is very very good

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by RickDangerous View Post
    For converting avi or other video files to DVD format I'd say ConvertXtoDVD is very very good

My choice for converting and burning , just hit start ,place an MT dvd in the tray and walk away . I'd get rid of nero but the wife and kids like it for music ,since I rarely use I'v thought about trying Win media 11 for my music .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i did use super dvd creator untill i updated it to 9.30 now i cant do anything it's stops after the muxing process and a window pops up and says something to the efect access violation drives me nuts
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickDangerous View Post

My choice for converting and burning , just hit start ,place an MT dvd in the tray and walk away . I'd get rid of nero but the wife and kids like it for music ,since I rarely use I'v thought about trying Win media 11 for my music .
    I'll third that recommendation. Excellent program, quick and painless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast