Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Have SCT account

kimii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    @buddy. An email change sparks a trigger to check the account. If there's multiple IP, BAN!

@Hedonist7. What I'm doing is helping the newbs on FST. This keeps them from losing accounts they trade for FTN b/c that FTN account will be disabled. Trading accounts is by far the worst thing. If you PM onlinenooby aka JessicaAlba, I'm pretty sure he'll tell you account trading will convict innocent users (putting them in the middle of it) who had nothing to do with such things.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #42
    buddy's Avatar Wanabe saint! BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    No what i'm saying is i don't see what she is doing wrong by trying to protect her site and that following rules no matter where they come from is usually a good thing.I got my ftn account from this site without having to do anything except ask.

Maybe your not reading enough

Respect Communities Your A Member Of

Who You Invite

* Most sites want you to invite those you know and trust.
    * At the least read their posts to get familiar with them.
    * If possible check their profile at mutual torrent sites.

Site Names And URL Links

* Dont post links or names of sites that dont want them posted.
    * Dont post names with spaces and similar to bypass filters.
    * Dont post images with this information for these sites.

Trading Accounts

* Dont trade accounts at FST for sites that strickly forbid it.
    * If you do they may contact you here to follow their rules.

Read the rules of the sites your a member at and if you choose
    to break them dont complain if action is taken against you.
    The "Rules" say that Invite trading is allowed in FST. And yet kimii and the others go around banning people for invite trading in FST. You think they respect the allowed Rules in FST? If they dont allow people to swap invites then why shouldnt people trade their accounts here? Afterall it is not like they abide by the rules here..

I agree with you on the point that they do what they do cause it is their site. They have their theories for beleiving that trading invites/accounts is harmful for their site. That is Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by kimii View Post
    @buddy. An email change sparks a trigger to check the account. If there's multiple IP, BAN!
    You dont understand what I'm tryin to say.. there is going to be NO email change at all! Acc. + e-mail...

Then?
    Last edited by buddy; 02-28-2007 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #43
    Let me give an example. User A gets an invite to X site. UserA doesnt really put it to use so decides to trade it. UserA trades with UserB. UserB cheats on that account. That account gets banned (with both IP's of UserA and UserB) ... UserA is caught in the middle. When UserA decides he wants an account there again, BAM... he can't get one.

BT sites share such information thats cheat related to help other sites out. If this was a global ban, UserA would be banned everywhere. This includes all the emails that were attached to that account. This is why account trading isn't allowed. To keep this from happening to innocent users.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #44
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    kimii: I think a general warning posted prominently is sufficient to warn the uninitiated; there's hardly a reason to have you poisoning every thread.

Edit: Look, I think you're a great sysop, and it's a tribute to your dedication that you search these boards to protect the site. But surely you can understand that your interests and this site's interests conflict. A line must be drawn somewhere, and I feel we are past it.

deuce: The rule is clearly overbroad, as every tracker forbids account trading. And she is not simply contacting people, she is actively dissuading account trading before it happens.

This will be my last post on the topic; it's silly to continue. I await a mod's decision and will naturally abide by it.
    Last edited by Sentient; 02-28-2007 at 05:07 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #45
    @buddy. PW change will trigger it as well.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #46
    No pass change for a month or even more.. When the pass is finally changed (if it is necessary at all) the e-mail ID would be the same.

You surely wont keep checking for every other password change for all eternity.

PS: I know this works cause I've seen it work!
    Last edited by buddy; 02-28-2007 at 05:14 AM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #47
    Why don't you just get an invite instead? ... It really does work if you're active in a community. Hop on your current site's IRC, and I'm pretty sure after you get to know some users... they'll invite you to any site you want. It's called networking. All this hard work you guys do on here... you could concentrate on being active elsewhere. Wouldn't you want to start off somewhere with a clean slate.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #48
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Why don't you just get an invite instead? ... It really does work if you're active in a community. Hop on your current site's IRC, and I'm pretty sure after you get to know some users... they'll invite you to any site you want. It's called networking. All this hard work you guys do on here... you could concentrate on being active elsewhere. Wouldn't you want to start off somewhere with a clean slate.
    so true. which is why i dont deal with accounts and rarely even invites.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #49
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Haha, ironically enough, I tend to agree with this sentiment. It's especially easy at FTN where frequent free leech and an abundance of packs make ratio building very easy.

A buffered oink or bitmetv, on the other hand, is quite valuable.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #50
    What makes you think that I dont have an acc. at FTN.. ? LOL

Getting an account at FTN aint climbing the mount everest you know.. but thanks for the advice anyway. Maybe some noob will benefit from your word!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast