Thread: A book from the 19th century

Timer's Avatar Dr. n00b
    I need to pick a book for a book report at school, the book has to be from the 19th century. Any recommendations?

Code:
    >brain\run g33k.bat
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    The Time Machine by HG Wells was published in 1895, it's fairly short and easy to read.

My favourite book from the 19th century is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Others I've studied on my English course around that period include Dracula, Frankenstein, Great Expectations and The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (another short book).

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Origin of Species - C. Darwin

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Timer's Avatar Dr. n00b
    Origin of Species - C. Darwin
    It has to have a story, i think....(the teacher wasn't clear about that)

The Time Machine by HG Wells was published in 1895, it's fairly short and easy to read.

My favourite book from the 19th century is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Others I've studied on my English course around that period include Dracula, Frankenstein, Great Expectations and The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (another short book).
    The Time Machine sounds great, but I'm not sure the teacher would approve it if it's too short. I'll check, and if not I'll probably take one of the other books you recommended.
    Thank you both, and feel free to suggest more books

Code:
    >brain\run g33k.bat
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timer View Post
    It has to have a story, i think....(the teacher wasn't clear about that)
    Just stare her in the face if she starts bitching, and tell her that you are a creationist.