Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pledge For More Hd Content Trackers

n00b BT Rep: +1
    Really? So you've magically found a way to reverse the MD5 hashing process? If so, tell me what this string is: 1cbd3b9800b88f9cb98755e40a15c813 . Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by zaguar View Post
    Really? So you've magically found a way to reverse the MD5 hashing process? If so, tell me what this string is: 1cbd3b9800b88f9cb98755e40a15c813 . Thanks.
    It reverses to Liar. Sure hope that isn't your real password. Found with the help of the first google hit on the search "reverse md5 hash": http://md5.benramsey.com/

On topic: I think a lot less of HDBits that they didn't come clean about what Valerio was doing.
    Last edited by Sentient; 02-28-2007 at 07:18 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by livil View Post
    i live in uk
    how do you plan on downloading these large files, considering almost all uk isps have bandwidth and speed limitations?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist7 View Post
    On topic: I think a lot less of HDBits that they didn't come clean about what Valerio was doing.
    Me too. I think it's awful they denied that they used a cheating script.
    He was banned at abhdtv.net for doing something hack-related as well - I don't remeber exactly what it was...

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by livil View Post
    i live in uk
    how do you plan on downloading these large files, considering almost all uk isps have bandwidth and speed limitations?
    i am not planning to ....
    an averageday i get around 8gigs

PIPEX
    BULLDOG
    BE

no capped dowload there is it...
    just the usual fair usage policy
    got no idea how many gigas a month get you into trouble.
    i guess i might find out soon or later

by the way i hvnot try be yet and i would like to know if their 24meg down and 1.5 Up is for real or not.no contract but a three months notice for 24 pounds a month plus line rental from BT.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Torrent Addict BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by zaguar View Post
    It reverses to Liar.
    All right, try this one then: f3a1914b83533acab45eb3a37cbdd975

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    kalpesh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by gbilly72 View Post

It reverses to Liar.

That is a wrong one

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by gbilly72 View Post

It reverses to Liar.

No results. Maybe it only works for common words? It seems that it searches a database of common md5 hashes.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    kalpesh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    From hdbits

2007-02-24 - In response to the random claim that we know all your passwords and can/will use them on bitmetv if you have the same password there, I would like to point out that the only trace of your password stored in the database is your passhash.
    This is a 128bit md5 hash of your password and a 20 character long random string.
    For those of you who that makes no sense to, it means all that is stored is something like 1055d3e698d289f2af8663725127bd4b....which cannot be reversed back into your password.

password is "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy cog"

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ne'tu View Post
    Neah, that was not about using passwords...

In response to the random claim that we know all your passwords and can/will use them on bitmetv if you have the same password there, I would like to point out that the only trace of your password stored in the database is your passhash.
    This is a 128bit md5 hash of your password and a 20 character long random string.
    For those of you who that makes no sense to, it means all that is stored is something like 1055d3e698d289f2af8663725127bd4b....which cannot be reversed back into your password.
    firstly its a 32char hex md5 hash.. secondly .. the 20 character long random string is called salting and is used in the actual cookies, not what is stored in the db (and it doesnt affect the authentication process in any case - u still need the actual password - read the 3rd part).. and thirdly, all one has to to do, is modify takelogin.php script, so instead of just md5'ing the password u provided in login.php (to login) to check it with the md5'ed stored on in the db (that is how authentication works, md5 is a one-way hash function which means u cannot mathematically get the password from the md5 - so what u do is encrypt the password u wanna check with md5 and check if the md5's are the same) u also take that value (which is not encrypted - u obviously have the unencrypted value since u need to encrypt it to check it) and store it in another table.. and boom.. u have all the passwords of all ur users.. and in most cases, users are naive and use the same password in all the sites (i know i even do that)... offcourse using the authentication technique, u could brute force crack it, but if u read about how the md5 works, that would take ages.,.. offcourse, theres also rainbow tables, but i wont get into that..

do u really think a sysop would actually admit of doing that ?

so...... to be safe, use a differnt password in all the sites u visit... i know of at least 4 trackers (that i wont mention by name) that actually store unencrypted passwords in their db (which inmo is very very lame but anyhow) (and as i mentioned in my previous post, i didnt find any proof that hdbits does that - it was just speculation based on their previous actions (which i have seen with my own eyes) and on what i had read here that happened to bitmetv...)
    Last edited by Jaits; 02-28-2007 at 07:58 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast