Thread: Where Are Our Hearts At?

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I started sharing files back when Napster first started.
    I had over 12,000 files at one time and after switching from Windows 98 SE to Windows ME(what a mistake that one was&#33 and having to reinstall my O.S. I lost everything.............well some of the blame goes to me for bad back-up habits.(I still blame Bill for that piece of shi* O.S. Windows ME.)

I however use Windows XP and Linux on another partition(that's another story).
    I love XP as far as Windows O.S. ,I haven't had a bit of a problem with XP after running it since it came out.

I was set about getting my collection back to it's old self(size)
    When it hit me about how small my mindset was.
    I spent lot's of hours dl into the late of night....any and everything.
    I had a huge collection......but what did it all mean to me?

I enjoyed the hours on the net searching and finding this file ,this one song I just had to have.
    I t all most become an obsession.

Now I realise how importain the music(or whatever the file) is.
    I am going to dl like always but It's just not that consuming for me to have this gigantic collection of mish-mash this and that.
    I am going to slow down and enjoy the music for a change.

I mean how many of us have songs on our HD that we haven't even listened to?
    I think it's time to stop counting post(so to speak) and dl at a frantic pace and enjoy the music.

That's what I enjoy about this site ,there's not the snobbery and ego's about file sharing as on others(well a few people...not mentioning names)

Peace brotherdoobie

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Well, I know I don't have an unlistened-to song on my HD. What's the point of downloading something and never using it?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@3 June 2003 - 19:38
    Well, I know I don't have an unlistened-to song on my HD. What's the point of downloading something and never using it?

I know people that do....that's my point....it's useless...

Peace brotherdoobie

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    ya

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    [QUOTE]I t all most become an obsession.
    it's still an obsession for me !
    i've got to get this one last sixties video clip to complete my collection. and i'm still enjoyin' the spoils.
    regards
    m8t

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    @m8t...lol.........Same here I have just slowed down to smell the roses.....

Peace brotherdoobie

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Sorry about your loss,brotherdoobie. During the dying days of Napster,I burnt all mine to CDs (23). I just got back into filesharing and added another HD just for the Napster stuff. Now the fun's in the giving as much as the getting. NAPSTER LIVES!!!!!!!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I dunno, there's something to be said for the ability to get the idea for a little road music, download all the tracks I want, burn a cd, and hop in the car in less than 30 minutes. And, the whole world is my radio station, if I wanna hear Fiona Apple and Public Enemy back to back, I can just get it fast. These of course, are only examples. Plus I can always delete anything I don't want to listen to more than a few times secure in the knowledge I can get it again later. With the radio playing nothing but nonstop Avril Levigne sh**, what else is gonna offer me the chance to hear anything I want?

If there was a way to just pick any song, any song at all, and play it from online while advertisers tried to sell me junk, I think I'd give this up in a heartbeat. Until I can hear cuts from Billie Holliday and Weird Al at the same place, this is the life.