Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supertorrents is changing for the better

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    At least in my opinion they are.

Newest PM is as follows...

Hello Members

We would like to inform you all of some recent and upcoming events.

Severely Limited Invites
    Up until now SuperTorrents has had a very open and lax invite system. Starting in March, we will be severely limiting the amount of invites that are given out to our members. This also includes taking away most invites you may have. The new invite policies will be posted in the FAQ by March and user promotions will result in fewer invites as well. This is an effort to stop the rampant cheating, dupe accounts and the sale of invites. We suggest you use any invites you may have left in the coming week.

Change in donation rewards
    The rewards you will receive for donations will be changing in March. The rewards will be reduced with less upload credit as well as fewer invites given out. We will also be adding a new option to donate in $50 amounts. We suggest taking advantage of the current donation rewards if you were planning on donating any time soon.

Site Upgrades and Features
    You may have noticed many new features and upgrades to SuperTorrents in the last few months. This past week SuperTorrents moved to a much improved server in an effort to improve page load times and decrease the frequent 500 errors. We would like to thank you, the members, for your donations and suggestions. We are constantly working to improve your experience here at SuperTorrents and we appreciate your interest as well as your donations.

Thanks and enjoy!

[B]-STStaff

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    buddy's Avatar Wanabe saint! BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    They said something like this the last time they opened for signups..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Still pay for leech tho :/

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I'm sure there are a few, but it's certainly not happening in excess.

Speeds are great and it's always easy to seed. Supertorrents is still my "go-to" tracker for televisions shows and , imo, one of the more under-rated trackers.
    Last edited by Skizo; 02-28-2007 at 07:58 AM.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Torrent Addict BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I'm sure there are a few, but it's certainly happening in excess.
    Not sure I understand. What's in excess? They offer upload credits but no free leech, which is fine to me.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbilly72 View Post
    I'm sure there are a few, but it's certainly happening in excess.
    Not sure I understand. What's in excess? They offer upload credits but no free leech, which is fine to me.

It's supposed to say "not".

Fixed.

Also, their pay to leech is where you donate, and your downloads don't count.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Torrent Addict BT Rep: +2
    Is that from experience? Because I'm looking at their Donate page and it only talks about upload credits and nothing about downloads not counting. If it's free leech forever, that is retarded.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbilly72 View Post
    Is that from experience? Because I'm looking at their Donate page and it only talks about upload credits and nothing about downloads not counting. If it's free leech forever, that is retarded.
    Not at all. It is what I see as typical though in my limited experiences. A donator will get to unlimited leech for a month. Sometimes upload credit.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Well, the change is underway.

Invites have been reduced as well as the donation credit amounts. We have added a $50 donation option also. Our final open signups will begin on March 2nd and last for 24 hours only. Tell your friends.
    My 34 invites were just reduced to 1.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Xsensei's Avatar ::DreAmer:: BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    0 invites on my new account still a great tracker for tv shows, good pres(1-5 minutes for tv eps) and good speeds.
    http://www.ftwr.in/pic/smilies/pent2.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast