Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: if you're going to start a new tracker...

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ne'tu View Post
    TBDev is outdated? I suggest you take a closer look at Oink for example...
    Don't have oink. What about it refutes this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Ne'tu's Avatar Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    That very nice things can be done with TBDEV.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    tbdev has alot of pre made mods that you can install

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Virtually every tracker uses tbdev, no one's denying you can make sites look nice with it. Thing is, technology has changed, and a new source utilizing fewer resources, reducing server load and better functionality (better search, for example) would be a big improvement.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Technology hasn't changed that much as far as the combination of running a web server, MySQL and PHP. I've done a great deal of optimization at OiNK's Pink Palace, but at the cost of compatibility with the rest of the TBDEV world. That's not something that bothers us as we can code our own features. Quite a few people running trackers seem to just use what they can find on tbdev.net. When I look at that site I'm looking for ideas rather than actual code.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Back on topic, I'd like a tracker with every single scene release
    A dream I guess, since that would need a whole bunch of uploaders and way too much traffic (around 1000-1500 releases each day afaik), but there is a lot of stuff that gets released and that can't be found on any tracker. And since I don't feel like paying for it, I miss it

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchTime View Post
    Technology hasn't changed that much as far as the combination of running a web server, MySQL and PHP. I've done a great deal of optimization at OiNK's Pink Palace, but at the cost of compatibility with the rest of the TBDEV world. That's not something that bothers us as we can code our own features. Quite a few people running trackers seem to just use what they can find on tbdev.net. When I look at that site I'm looking for ideas rather than actual code.

I havent really seen any more/better options there than on any other TBDev based sites. Alot of other sites just chose to stop using the oinks buggy source codes when they were posted.

As far a specific stuff people would like to see on their favorite trackers. Maybe some of you guys/girls should voice your opinions on what you think should be added/removed from the site to make your experiences better.
    Ex "I would like to see more HD content posted"
    I know every couple of months on my own site we make a forum thread asking what people think we could do differantly. Ive seen a few other sites do this on occasion as well.
    Speaking of .. its about time for another thread thanks for representing the idea.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    I do agree with you Vercors most fast pre trackers race only some groups and they will be leaking to others ,in the scene they are a bunch of stuff thats even in newsgroups you cant find them if you want to success allow older scene releases to be uploaded look for a diffrents ratio system use freebies in popular torrents.allow users to upload in area51 , btw dont forget to make some ad in diffrents filesharing forums and privates trackers.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster
    wow, some great suggestions here! we should start our own tracker ! i'll take care of the boxes+axx and someone else takes care of the coding

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    oink (as a site) have done an amazing job with their scripts .. they ve spent a lot of time on them (and it shows) and i for one have gotten a bunch of ideas from them to implement in my own trackers... they ve also worked a lot on performance (making db fields as big as necessary, changing their types, etc)..

one of the best code bases inmo by far...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast