Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube HD Transfer

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    YouTube HD Transfer is a small freeware utility that allows you to download videos from YouTube in various formats
    and qualities to your local hard drive, like low/high quality FLV, High Definition MP4 (720p) and even
    Full High Definition MP4 (1080p).

Simply paste the YouTube url from your browser into YouTube HD Transfer and click the "Load" button or press the
    'Enter' key on your keyboard, to retrieve the corresponding data and available download links from YouTube.

You can load related videos by clicking on their picture.

Select the video quality you want to download and click the "Download" button, that's it.

YouTube HD Transfer is just like it sound, want those HD 720p and 1080p videos instead of steaming them? This thing is bad ass....since I got my new TV and I find some good stuff I just download them pop them onto my flash drive/ps3 media server/360, no converting and play right off the bat...

A little small free ware app, I've attached it to the board, enjoy!

1. Make sure you have at least Internet Explorer version 7 installed or YouTube HD Transfer might not work.

2. The video won't be saved while downloading, only when the download has fully finished.

3. Resuming a download is not possible. If you stop the download and start it again, then the download will start
    from the beginning.

4. If certain video formats/qualities are not enabled after loading a YouTube video url, then it means that they
    are not available. It's only possible to download videos in High Definition if the videos were uploaded that way.

5. Downloading lower quality videos generally goes a bit slower than downloading the High Definition versions.
    This is a limitation set on the YouTube servers, not of YouTube HD Transfer.
    You can start muliple instances of YouTube HD Transfer if you want to download multiple videos at once.

6. If you have set the language property on the YouTube website to something other than English (UK) or English (US),
    then no related videos will be loaded.

Attached Files Attached Files
    [center]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    nice find. although i doubt i have any use for it. if i download any video from youtube it usually just goes into my winavi prog to convert to psp mp4 format so i can view w/e on my psp.

Vdownloader: downloads videos from youtube, google, myspace and more.

thx 4 the link though. saved.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    phauk's Avatar Poster
    very nice thanks for sharing - will deffo grab this.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Great find bud. I have been trying a bunch of the apps for this and none have worked well at all. My kids love Disney pixar cars and they have all these shorts on youtube that aren't available anywhere else and this will make things a whole lot better, Thanks again.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    nice find. although i doubt i have any use for it. if i download any video from youtube it usually just goes into my winavi prog to convert to psp mp4 format so i can view w/e on my psp.

Vdownloader: downloads videos from youtube, google, myspace and more.

thx 4 the link though. saved.
    The YouTube HD content is already MP4, just plug into my PS3 and plays, sure the same for PSP.
    [center]

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Very nice! A lot better than installing piles of crap plugins into firefox that constantly break with new updates...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Very nice! A lot better than installing piles of crap plugins into firefox that constantly break with new updates...
    I hate those firefox plugins. I cant find a reliable one, they always get the low quality videos when im trying to the get the high quality ones.

This program will become my favorite program if it works. Youtube is such an addiction. Its one of my most visited sites, after FST of course

It's not letting me download the zip guess ill have to google it
    Last edited by gamesover; 02-17-2010 at 12:35 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    I hate those firefox plugins. I cant find a reliable one, they always get the low quality videos when im trying to the get the high quality ones.
    I used to use Tubeg.com for downloading YouTube videos, until it stopped working, at least for me. Nowadays, in the rare occasions I want to keep a video, I just copy it from Opera's cache.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post

This program will become my favorite program if it works. Youtube is such an addiction. Its one of my most visited sites, after FST of course

It's not letting me download the zip guess ill have to google it

Sorry forgot to add the authors homepage:

http://members.home.nl/wantos/youtube_hd_transfer/

New Version out: YouTube HD Transfer v1.0.327

Oh, every video I grab, if it's got more than one, it let you select which version you want, since I don't have 1080, just 720, I always get them, like HQ Game trailers I just download and slap on a flash card and watch on the big TV...works like a charm....I can download faster than I can stream it actually for some odd reason.
    [center]

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Wow thanks a lot, very useful. I can use this for PV music.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast