Thread: Please Help:i Can't View A Movie

Poster
    Hello
    I'm running Win98SE PIII 800Mhz with a 512MgbRam.

I went and did a search on LOTR:TTT and i received 2 files ( disc 1-disc 2 ), with alot of resources; name of files are:
    The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Two.Towers.DC1.DVDScr.XVID-VITE.AVI
    The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Two.Towers.DC2.DVDScr.XVID-VITE.AVI

So i've downloaded these 2 files and i cant view or hear them at all, even tho i have the "K-Lite Codec Pack" installed.

Do i need a different codec to watch and hear this film? if so, wich codec? and Where do i get it?

Please help.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    If you have downloaded them full have tried different players like real or win media sometimes I get this problem what dosnt working in one player will work in another, you could also try avi preview as well hope this is a little help

also were they veriefied downloads

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Hello MrTilley

Thank you for replying to my post; here are my answers to your questions:

Yes i've tried playing it with BS player and other medias and i've also tried AVI Preview, still couldn't watch or hear the video.
    As for your question "are they verifieds..." Well i just went and did a K-Lite search and i got over 80 resources on each file so i believe that if a file has that many resources ( people ), i suppose it has to be the right file and not a fake .

Any other suggestion? Thank you

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well i just went and did a K-Lite search and i got over 80 resources on each file so i believe that if a file has that many resources ( people ), i suppose it has to be the right file and not a fake
    Eghh...yeah youd think that would be the case...but its not. What tends to happen is that people unknowingly download the fake file...realize its not what they wanted...but dont delete it. So you end up with many users all hosting the same fake file. Never base it on how many people have it, always use the verifieds here in Movieworld.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Sounds like a fake to me- if it wsa real and you had a codec problem, then you would get a player error. Since you can open the files in the first place- then you got duped son. In the future be smart and use verifieds.