Thread: 700mb tv eps- need a divx player that plays them

Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14

Cool

currently using a samsung divx dvd player but doesnt play the 700mb rips just 350mb ones

anyone recopmmend a divx player less than £100.

no recorder etc req just a simple divx player THAT does play them

thnx

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Why not just stick to the 350mb ones if that's all your dvd player will play?

Have you got a High Def TV to take advantage of the 700mb ones?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    My Philips DVP-5960 [edited incorrect model number) plays them without issue.

You do not need and hdtv to see the difference between the HDTV (336 lines) and HR.HDTV (540 lines) rips. A standard tv is capable of at least 480 lines.
    Last edited by Sentient; 03-01-2007 at 09:46 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I use a Phillips DVP too and it plays all divx movies burned in a cd perfectly. Although i wish my model had the usb2 capability.

I bought mine for around $50 (I dont know how that translates to your own currency)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    its more or less double the price here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-DVP5.../dp/B000G2Y59E

looks good to me

going to go ahead for it prob on monday

i know 350mb eps are good
    but coz i use newsgroups/torrents and am on most level4/4.5/5 trackers i can get access to the 700mb rips basically minutes after the 350mb ones and are better quality. just my last 2 out of the box divx players havent played them and just come up as error but if the philips one can then thats me sorted

im going to get hd tv as soon as blueray and hd more developed. sky are just ripping folk off and have no channels. im a guy and dont need to see footballers legs in more detial and you can only watch discovery channel so many times till u get bored. quality is good but ps3 looks like its gonna be a flop as no one has sold out and u can still guarantee one for launch day!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    General2k's Avatar Death's End BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I have the Philips DVP642, and it works great for most. I only watch either hour(45m) or half hour(23m) episodes on it. There are some that the sound will go out of sync and all you have to do is pause it and it fixes itself. I have a feeling though it has something to do with the encoding.
    Gee, Brain what do you want to do tonight?
    The same thing we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    the pause thingy happens on some files but usually its fine

i just pause or rewind a couple of secs and play it and its perfect

lol