Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Liddell, wasted!

famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

It's more of a sport than boxing.
    Really? how so?

I just find UFC brutal, I guess that is also its appeal.
    UFC now is much safer than it was when it first started. At least now they have very strict rules. And furthermore, MMA is much safer than boxing. There have not been 1 serious injury or death in the UFC. You cannot say that about boxing.

UFC fighters are highly trained, skilled and technical athletes and I have the utmost respect for them. It's not just a bunch of bloodthirsty guys street fighting.
    If you don't like the UFC, you can always "TapOut".

UFC 68 tonight!

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by famous45 View Post
    There have not been 1 serious injury
    I guess that depends on your definition of "serious", but there have been several broken bones.

An asian guy from one of the first UFCs still can't bend his elbow.
    Last edited by Skizo; 03-04-2007 at 12:10 AM.

yo

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    And furthermore, MMA is much safer than boxing. There have not been 1 serious injury or death in the UFC. You cannot say that about boxing.
    Yes but boxing has been going on for a lot longer than UFC. If after nearly 100 years of UFC it has a better safety record than boxing, I may understand the point you are trying to make.

I think there has been plenty of serious injuries caused by fighting in UFC.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post
    I think there has been plenty of serious injuries caused by fighting in UFC.
    Like Skizo said, it depends on how you define serious. I don't consider a broken bone that serious. Now a broken back or neck, paralysis, brain damage and death...those to me are serious.

I do believe that when UFC first started and there was the whole "no rules fight to the death mentality" there may have been some "serious injuries", but with the rules they have now, I am not aware of any. And I have been watching UCF a long time.
    Last edited by famous45; 03-04-2007 at 12:39 AM.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Put it this way, i know of several cases in the history of boxing where a fighter died as a direct result of the damage incurred in the ring. I havent heard of such a case happening in UFC. Of course, i know that its not a fair comparison as boxing as been going on far longer than ufc.

UFC may seem more barbaric and brutal to those who may not be familiar with it but the way the rules are set up now is that a fight is instantly stopped anytime a losing fighter cannot defend themselves for even just a few seconds. In fact, there have been recent controversies about fights that are stopped a little too early.

Those early UFC tournaments perhaps tainted the reputation of this sport as they allowed all the dirty tricks such as kicking a downed opponent, etc. That is not however the case now.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I should have been more specific. The MMA category will eclipse boxing.

I happen to like Pride Fighting slightly better than UFC.

Anyone remember Bob Sapp or Sakuraba?

Bob Sapp is a biggggg motherfucker. He played in the remake of The Longest Yard.

7. Sports Club   -   #17

Bob Sapp is a biggggg motherfucker. He played in the remake of The Longest Yard.
    Bob Sapp, aka, The Beast. One of the Biggest dudes I've ever seen. Scary mofo. I Watched him fight in Japan quite a few times.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5

Bob Sapp, aka, The Beast. One of the Biggest dudes I've ever seen. Scary mofo. I Watched him fight in Japan quite a few times.
    How does Sapp compare to Kimbo? http://www.filecabi.net/video/kimbo_vs_bouncer.html

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post

How does Sapp compare to Kimbo? http://www.filecabi.net/video/kimbo_vs_bouncer.html

Sapp would beat the shit out of Kimbo, no question.

Kimbo always fights these fat, slow, idiots that can't throw a punch. He hasn't fought anyone of consequence.

I watched a fight with Kimbo and some white guy, and the white kicked his ass. After like 2 minutes, he was totally gassed.

yo

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    snowstorm2k6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    UFC is the reason that there are still many people who have their interests in martial art. Apart from fight movies like Jet Li's or Jackie Chan's or Steven Segal, this is one of very few places to see how real martial art is like, IMO.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast