Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Liddell, wasted!

famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwM5 View Post
    it will amazing fight but also it will be the end of liddel career
    End of his career, I don't think so. You think that Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Tim Silvia's careers are over due to a loss and loosing their belts? Not by a long shot.

CroCop is definitely a bad-ass fighter, no doubt about that. I personally don't need to see the CC vs Liddell fight. I prefer to see to fighters fight in their natural weight classes.

I am looking forward to Chuck vs. Rampage though and think that Chuck is going to have a hard time with this fight since Rampage has beaten him before. That loss only makes Chuck train harder though.

2. Sports Club   -   #32
    Why would Lidell fight Crocop.. its not a good fight for Lidell at all he'd lose his belt and I doubt he'd come back to get it back.

I'm more of a Fedor fan but Crocop is one tough son of a gun apart from Fedor I don't really see anybody that could take Crocop apart.

3. Sports Club   -   #33
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by famous45 View Post
    it will amazing fight but also it will be the end of liddel career
    End of his career, I don't think so. You think that Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Tim Silvia's careers are over due to a loss and loosing their belts? Not by a long shot.

CroCop is definitely a bad-ass fighter, no doubt about that. I personally don't need to see the CC vs Liddell fight. I prefer to see to fighters fight in their natural weight classes.

I am looking forward to Chuck vs. Rampage though and think that Chuck is going to have a hard time with this fight since Rampage has beaten him before. That loss only makes Chuck train harder though.
    man , you cant compare pride\k-1 hall of famers like cro cop to fighters like franklin , hughes and silvia .
    and to your question , yes . crocop lhk can definitely end\destroy professional mma fighters career .
    take example of wanderlei silva (my favorite fighter ever) , after the brutal ko from crocop in the owgp06 he isnt the same fighter . not physically and not mentally .
    he permanently end his career as a pride champion and as a top challenger in the world lhw\mw devision .

as you say , chuck need to focus for the rematch with rampage .
    in case you dont know yet , the rematch set for may 26 in vegas .

4. Sports Club   -   #34
    Mindfukced's Avatar Poster
    LOL, the guy is proper wasted in that video...classic.
    nice one.....

dont know too much about the fighters, but I love watching UFC, makes a refreshing change from boxing.

5. Sports Club   -   #35
    famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    man , you cant compare pride\k-1 hall of famers like cro cop to fighters like franklin , hughes and silvia .
    and to your question , yes . crocop lhk can definitely end\destroy professional mma fighters career .
    take example of wanderlei silva (my favorite fighter ever) , after the brutal ko from crocop in the owgp06 he isnt the same fighter . not physically and not mentally .
    he permanently end his career as a pride champion and as a top challenger in the world lhw\mw devision .

as you say , chuck need to focus for the rematch with rampage .
    in case you dont know yet , the rematch set for may 26 in vegas .

I don't believe in any way shape or form CroCop would ever end Chuck's career. Not gonna happen. Even if beaten. Many people underestimate Chuck, and he likes it that way. I personally love the UFC and until Pride is covered as much as the UFC here, that's the way its gonna be.
    I do think you have a valid point, but in the UFC it's about beating your opponent, not ending their career.

I Can't wait for May 26th.
    Last edited by famous45; 03-20-2007 at 09:18 PM.

6. Sports Club   -   #36
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Are they really mixed martial artists now. As I understand it, the top fighters are now training specifically for this sport as opposed to training in martial arts and then fighting people from different dieciplines.

I think it started as mixed martial arts but has now become a full contact sport in it's own right. It has evolved into a fusion of the most effective techniques.

Yes I realize some people may have a background in specific things, however they must adapt that to this type of fighting. Using it as a starting point as it were. I think that kind of happened when domination moved away from Royce Gracie and the like, to people like Ken Shamrock.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. Sports Club   -   #37
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    I think it started as mixed martial arts but has now become a full contact sport in it's own right. It has evolved into a fusion of the most effective techniques.
    Thats exactly why it is called Mixed Martial Arts. You have to have multiple disiplanes to compete. Fighters got smarter....they dont want to get choked out
    Proud Member of:

8. Sports Club   -   #38
    You really need a few skills under your belt to do well in UFC or PrideFC now anyway.

Man I want to see Fedor clean house in UFC

9. Sports Club   -   #39
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    fedor is a legend
    he is at the top in every mma aspect - striking,gnp,takedown,submissions
    no matter if you are pride or ufc fan ,you must respect fedor
    the man make the mirko's lhk to look like a joke

10. Sports Club   -   #40
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Thats exactly why it is called Mixed Martial Arts. You have to have multiple disiplanes to compete. Fighters got smarter....they dont want to get choked out
    What I mean was, when it started there were fighters from different disciplines, competing against each other, which is why it was Mixed Martial Arts. Now people don't necessarily train in something like Ju Jitsu, they train specifically for this type of competition.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast