Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chuck Liddell, wasted!

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

[youtube]FrjCflihb40[/youtube]

yo

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Sup with Chuck? Drugs? Too many punches to the heid?

Poor chuckie get better soon.

Is UFC even a sport? I hate it, soo violent.. can't they just talk?

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Holy shit that guy's drunk and high at the same time.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    WTF? . I know chuck drinks....he was our local bartender here is San Luis Obispo for years but judging by his performance on Good Morning Texas, he looks like he had a 12 pack and got hit in the head a few times before the interview....he's smashed.

From sherdog

Memo to Chuck Liddell's (Pictures) future opponents: Slip the UFC light heavyweight champion a NyQuil-based mickey and you should have a much better chance of taking the belt.

In Dallas to promote Warner Bros. latest theatric release "300," Liddell appeared on Good Morning Texas Thursday. From the outset Liddell was not lucid, as he slurred his words and had difficulty putting together sentences.

The UFC champ told Sherdog.com via text messaging that he is very ill and had taken "NyQuil too late."

"I couldn't understand a thing [Liddell] was saying," GMT host Gary Cogill said later for a video piece on the WFFA Channel 8 Web site.

"He takes a lot of Nyquil when he's sick," said Liddell's trainer, John Hackleman. "He goes to bed at 4 a.m. and wakes up at noon, so if they got him up in the morning I can see how he'd be like that."

During the interview, Cogill interjected and asked Liddell if he was OK. Later, Coghill said Liddell momentarily fell asleep.

"I've seen him really close to that before," said Hackleman.

During the conversation with Cogill, Liddell was asked when his next bout would be and whom he would like to fight. "The Iceman" answered that he would return to the Octagon in May. Stammering to recall the name of an opponent, he eventually mentioned boxer Tommy Morrison.

Asked about Morrison, Liddell told Sherdog.com that he was "joking" about the Rocky V star several days ago. Forced to retire from professional boxing after testing positive for the HIV virus in 1996, Morrison was in the news recently after tests no longer showed any traces of the virus known to cause AIDS. Morrison boxed in West Virginia Thursday, Feb. 22, winning by knockout.

Last edited by famous45; 03-02-2007 at 06:14 AM.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Damn, Chuck sounded like he just got hammerred in the jaw in a ufc fight from the previous night. He sure didnt look like the current light heavyweight champ there...

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I have met Chuck personally and actually driven his drunk ass home from Vegas to South Cali. The boy can drink and does quite often. He is an awsome guy and we had a blast hanging out with him. Not sure how much he drinks on a regular basis or when he is not training hard. I think he may drink even when he is training. Bottom line he doesn't give a shit and still continues to whoop UFC contenders asses everytime they step in the cage. He is still the man in my book. He probably partied his ass off the night before and was still drunk when he had the interview.

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I wanna see him fight Quinton "Rampage" Jackson again, the last man who ever beat him. I know Chuck has those heavy hands that can knock anyone out at any moment but he is getting older (late 30's?) and now everyone's gunning for him.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post
    It's more of a sport than boxing. Many predict it'll eclipse boxing in the next 10 years (fat chance).

@Skizo - thanks for that.

Minute 2:30
    Last edited by Busyman™; 03-03-2007 at 04:49 PM.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    It's more of a sport than boxing.
    Really? how so?

I just find UFC brutal, I guess that is also its appeal.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

It's more of a sport than boxing.
    Really? how so?

I just find UFC brutal, I guess that is also its appeal.
    The brutality is certainly part of the appeal for many, but only slightly for me. I like how they are so skilled in so many different styles. I see it as a full contact chess match.

yo

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast