Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD noob question !

am looking for movies of RESOLUTiON.1280x720 ... is this is a hd-rip ? i downloaded sincity Sin City 2005 720p HDTV DTS x264-THOR .. it was only a 4.41gb file.. not like the huge 22+gb hd file .... but the quality was awezome...

where can i get more movies in these format ... ??

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Fulanito's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    you can try HD-bits.ro they have plenty of HD material.
    " I didn't want to become Peruvian, i just got lucky "

No preocupetion mister! A mi los Apaches me apapachan!
    Once a noob, always a noob!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DISABLED PRIVS
    The DVD Club also has a lot of high-quality rips and they're open for signups

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Your looking for the hd-xvid's I beleive if they are that size. If I remember correctly been a while since I downloaded a HD movie.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    thanks a lot for the site guys..

wats exactly is the quality of a real hd movie.. ?1920x1080p ??? am so confused with all the terms like aspect ratio,Resolution.. then wat are these hd-xvid ??

i dont want files that i cannot backup to a normal dvd.. thats why am looking for the so called hd-xvids..thors version of sincity was perfect for me .. !!
    how do you people backup those 8+gb , 14+gb ,20+gb files ???

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by bytetorrent View Post
    thanks a lot for the site guys..

wats exactly is the quality of a real hd movie.. ?1920x1080p ??? am so confused with all the terms like aspect ratio,Resolution.. then wat are these hd-xvid ??
    It's the same as with the encoding from a dvd to xvid, divx, x264, whatever. The originals are usually at the resolution that you mentioned, and then are encoded, normally to lower resolutions (720p) but some are even at 1080. Most hd rips arent done with xvid however, but with the x264 codec in .mkv containers. Better compression, more quality. Just like that sin city file you downloaded wich is an hdtv rip. Not an hddvd rip or a bd rip, who have even more quality.

i dont want files that i cannot backup to a normal dvd.. thats why am looking for the so called hd-xvids..thors version of sincity was perfect for me .. !!
    That's exactly why they're the size of a dvd. For storage purpose without compromising quality. And dont forget that you cant play them on a normal dvd player. You can find these files at hdbits.org (completely closed)and bit-hdtv.com.

To get in bit-hdtv.com, you just have to keep trying. You'll get in eventually. Those are the best speciallized trackers. But like someone said before, hd-bits.ro is pretty good also and is still open to signups. Arenabg.com has a good amount of hd stuff also.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    bcpnikhil's Avatar FTN Lover BT Rep: +2
    scene HD tv rips get posted at 0-day trackers too (FTN, TB, etc.) so you could check there for 720p rips. I think 24 and Heroes are the most popular 720p encodes usually (also Prison Break I think).

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    hdbits is the best place

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by morphine View Post
    It's the same as with the encoding from a dvd to xvid, divx, x264, whatever. The originals are usually at the resolution that you mentioned, and then are encoded, normally to lower resolutions (720p) but some are even at 1080. Most hd rips arent done with xvid however, but with the x264 codec in .mkv containers. Better compression, more quality. Just like that sin city file you downloaded wich is an hdtv rip. Not an hddvd rip or a bd rip, who have even more quality.

That's exactly why they're the size of a dvd. For storage purpose without compromising quality. And dont forget that you cant play them on a normal dvd player. You can find these files at hdbits.org (completely closed)and bit-hdtv.com.

To get in bit-hdtv.com, you just have to keep trying. You'll get in eventually. Those are the best speciallized trackers. But like someone said before, hd-bits.ro is pretty good also and is still open to signups. Arenabg.com has a good amount of hd stuff also.
    thanks a lot for that reply morphine ....

so does a movie file come in a normal dvd size and 1080 resolution ??

am already a member at bit-hdtv ... but most of files are 8gb+ ...
    havent tried hdbits.org .. they dont even have an irc channel ??

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    i.dragonfly's Avatar -======//OvO BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by bytetorrent View Post
    so does a movie file come in a normal dvd size and 1080 resolution ??

am already a member at bit-hdtv ... but most of files are 8gb+ ...
    havent tried hdbits.org .. they dont even have an irc channel ??
    To get good quality video, it depends on the movie whether they're encoded to DVD5 or DVD9 (dual layer) sizes. Some longer and more intensive movies need to be encoded to DVD9 even at 720p, but on the other hand some CG movies can be encoded to DVD5 at 1080p. Most of the NFOs have information on bitrate too.

The good thing about hdbits.org is that they have a better selection of different codecs and downconversions to smaller downloads (like DVD5 size). Unfortunately it is difficult to get into, since invites are closed and you have to trade for an account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast