Please Make This a Sticky! Lots of newbies can benefit from this
I just thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the tricks that people have to keeping good ratio. Things like downloading 5% of a file so that you can seed it or using an rss feed to get popular torrents right when they come out. Post a trick in this thread and I'll update this post. If a ratio tip is specific to a certain site remember to say so
*Update* Thanks everyone for helping out with this, I'm sure lots of membes will find these helpful, but there is still much to be said. Keep them coming!
1. Only download freebies
2. Only download during free leech
3. Download only a couple of pieces of a popular file and seed it for awhile
4. Use an RSS feed to get popular files right when they come out
5. Upload your own torrents
6. If you have a big enough HD keep all of your torrents seeding, it accumulates over time
1. Get a seedbox
2. Don't stop seeding file
3. Snatch tv shows and over night seed, 100 kB/s can get get u a gig or 2+.
2. Upload ebooks,audio books and docs that are found on public trackers
1. Upload comic books and E-Learning videos which are very simple to find on public trackers
2. If you are going to upload an elearning video make it a guitar tutorial. Everyone goes for that
3. Make FLACs from your own CDs, or upload FLACs from other music sites like BTMusic or something (though I've never been on BTMusic)
4. Fill requests. Look for the popular ones, and look for them on public torrent sites.
5. Upload RAP and INDIE
6. Download the Rosetta Stone for 1 language (like Spanish, English, German, etc) and upload it on OiNK
1. Unrar the tv shows youve downloaded from SCT ,TL, and TD and seed on the tracker.
3. Download and seed an episode of a popular show right when it's upped