Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: should I pay for NewsLeecher and Newzbin?

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by satansraiser View Post
    Just come here and either Me, Towerblocks or Athlon64 will hook you up.
    cheers

changed my mind and cancelled the Newsleecher sub, and just pay for Newzbin

How on earth can people use the Supersearch? Say, if I search for Heroes 01x18, lots of RAR files come up - surely I may miss some out when downloading or add extra ones that aren't necessary.

Can't see how it works efficiently (unlike Newzbin where you can click on a single NZLB (sp?) and all the work is done for you)

Or perhaps I'm missing something.............

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    Can I somehow pay for Newzbin with PayPal? :x

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    newsgroupie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigH View Post
    How on earth can people use the Supersearch? Say, if I search for Heroes 01x18, lots of RAR files come up - surely I may miss some out when downloading or add extra ones that aren't necessary.

Can't see how it works efficiently (unlike Newzbin where you can click on a single NZLB (sp?) and all the work is done for you)

The last time I used Newzleecher's search it listed all the part files - and I suspect it still does. This is very messy compared to other FREE search services that group all the file parts into a single collection to download.

Alt.Binz uses several of these sites that pre-group search results, so you don't have to look at a flood of rar part-files.

Does NewsLeecher group files like this?

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post

The last time I used Newzleecher's search it listed all the part files - and I suspect it still does. This is very messy compared to other FREE search services that group all the file parts into a single collection to download.

Alt.Binz uses several of these sites that pre-group search results, so you don't have to look at a flood of rar part-files.

no, Newsleecher doesn't group them - just lists all files individually

time to change my newsreader methinks

thanks

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    newsgroupie
    I think a lot of people would give up Newsleecher's for-pay search service if they even tried Alt.Binz

I myself prefer using the websites themselves to generate NZBs, as they offer features missing in the newsclient searches.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    as they offer features missing in the newsclient searches.
    Like what?

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by satansraiser View Post
    Just come here and either Me, Towerblocks or Athlon64 will hook you up.
    cheers

changed my mind and cancelled the Newsleecher sub, and just pay for Newzbin

What are you talking about? Supersearch is DEFINATELY worth it! It finds things you don't find on newzbin! Also if you use newsleecher,you can just right click and choose "smart select"and ALL of the necessary files are going to be downloaded...I also use "smart select"on PAR files too,in case I need them....but a lot of times it isn't necessary....And if you are worried about downloading a few extra headers with all the speeds newsgroups have, I feel sorry for you.

I guess you have never used newsleecher and did "smart select"? It ALSO groups all those files into one group,then downloads those headers it selected together! Really not that hard to do. But if you use a reader like Grabit,I don't know if you can do this....another reason why it is good to get a decent newsreader.

Quote Originally Posted by asfdlq3i45poi View Post
    Well, if you think these services are worth it, go ahead. It's your money. I just don't think these search services are much better than free alternatives. Nothing against these payed services. Just not my brand of vodka. I'm sure you understand.

Well that may be your opinion, but I beg to differ! I have never gotten the free services to index files like newzbin! Period!

That alone makes it worth it to me.
    Last edited by webe123; 03-09-2007 at 10:21 AM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    Well that may be your opinion, but I beg to differ! I have never gotten the free services to index files like newzbin! Period!

Well, you may beg to differ, but I beg to differ even more! What are you talking about indexing files? All the usenet search sites index the contents of the usenet. All Newzbinz does is pretty up the titles and puts them in categories. Yeah, that's really worth $3.19 per month or however much it costs

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    new to this but paid for newsleacher and giganews dont regret it in the slightest, supersearch and newsleecher is the secondbest searcher and usenet client i have seen (the first going to usenext that download wizard of theres is perfaction shame there service is limited and expensive)

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by asfdlq3i45poi View Post

Well, you may beg to differ, but I beg to differ even more! What are you talking about indexing files? All the usenet search sites index the contents of the usenet. All Newzbinz does is pretty up the titles and puts them in categories. Yeah, that's really worth $3.19 per month or however much it costs
    Mabye to YOU it is not worth it, but the free sites suck in my opinion. They simply do not put the files in neatly organized catagories like newzbin does.

If you want to go ahead and search through headers or sites you have to create your own NZB files because you don't want to pay three bucks a month, fine with me. I could care less!
    Last edited by webe123; 03-12-2007 at 09:54 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast