Thread: Seeding Question

Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    In sites like FTN and FSC which have the share ratio/total time seeding system, whenever i download part of a file (say 1GB out of a 20GB torrent) and the download finishes and i am seeding, it still shows up on the site that im leeching. Hence it doesnt add to my total time seeding. Is there any way to get around this apart from downloading the entire file?
    Last edited by ptp5352; 03-05-2007 at 09:09 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Kruger's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I think that it depends on the Bittorrent client you're using, if im not wrong, bitcomet will report that you're seeding, even if you haven't downloaded all files, but you've completed downloading the selected files. While uTorrent will report that you're leeching, if you haven't downloaded all of the files. I don't know, how it is with other clients.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    When your BitTorrent client announces to a tracker, it sends the total uploaded and downloaded and the amount left. That "left" amount is what most trackers use to decide to list you as a seeder vs. a leecher. If left=0 then you're a seeder. I haven't tried this for myself, but it may make a difference if you restart the torrent after you've downloaded the files you want. I've gotten the impression that it may make a difference in uTorrent but I can't claim to have tried it myself.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Cool

yup i think u use bitcomet - if possible - for seeding, its betther than utorrent in seeding ( ma personal view)

yup i think u should use bitcomet - if possible - for seeding, its betther than utorrent in seeding ( ma personal view)
    Last edited by chaptorrent; 03-06-2007 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I think that it depends on the Bittorrent client you're using, if im not wrong, bitcomet will report that you're seeding, even if you haven't downloaded all files, but you've completed downloading the selected files. While uTorrent will report that you're leeching, if you haven't downloaded all of the files. I don't know, how it is with other clients.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    its your client. have a look at utorrent updates previous 1's it will tell you.