Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: France/egypt

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Ive invited you all before to do what you really want to do......

YOU asked the world to "Send us your poor....."

Give the statue back, you know you want to, you cant live by that symbol.......even with the best of intentions.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    WeeMouse,

Frivolous lawsuits are the bane of the American legal system.
    Find yourself a lawyer with a pulse ( soon to be optional ) and viola! your favorite pet peeve has become a docket number.
    You should see the morass of suits filed by prisoners. With nothing but unlimited time on their hands and ready access to legal information, some long term incarcerees gleefully file legal actions about the flavor of Jello or whether marijuana is a valid part of their religious practise.
    The downside of justice being "blind" is that such nonsense must be dealt with in the same manner as a valid greivance.
    I don't doubt that some lawyer somewhere has proposed a lawsuit such as you've heard rumored, but I doubt that the families involved would actually go forward. They are, after all, already recieving fairly substantial payoffs from government financed funds, not to mention insurance settlements and charitable donations.
    But you never know...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    ya know, this is as stupid as sueing mcdonald's for making your kids fat. just because you don't know how to say no to them.
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@27 May 2003 - 06:29

Give the statue back, you know you want to, you cant live by that symbol.......even with the best of intentions.

No one has suggested that America shut down legal immigration.

What exactly is the problem with documenting and controlling the influx of people in/out of your borders?

Doesn't your exalted country do the same?

edit: spelling

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+27 May 2003 - 07:37--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 27 May 2003 - 07:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Rat Faced@27 May 2003 - 06:29

No one has suggested that America shut down legal immigration.

What exactly is the problem with documenting and controlling the influx of people in/out of your borders?

Doesn&#39;t your exalted country do the same?

edit: spelling [/b][/quote]
    Way to tote that pigskin, Clocker-

I am enjoying your work immensely.

I&#39;ve always wondered, but never heard the question asked, even by pundits who decry our &#39;under-attended&#39; border:

Why don&#39;t more of these people enter legally?

I think because it requires an investment of time, effort, and an expression of loyalty to the U.S.

We are well aware that to extract an expression of loyalty from an illegal immigrant would be cruel, and certainly unusual, these days.

Liberals ARE responsible for nurturing this disaster through the germination stage, BUT:

Dubya was in position for years to address the problem-he is now in an even better position to do so-yet, except for the question of Iraq, he and Vicente Fox are a two-man mutual admiration society.

Why don&#39;t we do this:

Give Mexico a good wash and rinse, let it drip-dry, and then ANNEX THE REST OF THE COUNTRY?

Call it free trade-they want everything we&#39;ve got for nothing; time to ante up, Vicente.

Just think: No more anti-NAFTA crap.

Higher wages in Mexico.

The INCREDIBLE problem of pollution in Mexico could be addressed, with OUR tax-dollars.

Mexico City would be our "new" largest city (for about five minutes, until everyone left to head north).

The benefits (to the "new" citizens) would be endless.

Voila&#33; No more border problem&#33; B)
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Now that"s what I call "thinking outside the box", j2&#33;

Far better than my pet solution...

I was thinking we could move the Statue of Liberty into the Arizona desert- use it to mark a giant water hole.
    It would provide a goodly amount of shade also...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker@27 May 2003 - 08:25
    Now that"s what I call "thinking outside the box", j2&#33;

Far better than my pet solution...

I was thinking we could move the Statue of Liberty into the Arizona desert- use it to mark a giant water hole.
    It would provide a goodly amount of shade also...
    YES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

A perfect melding of latent irrelevance and timely uselessness&#33;

I propose the "water hole" be filled with that special Mexican &#39;agua&#39; (this would only require an investment of several billion to run a pipeline, etc.), so as to provide the "taste of home" for our new citizens.

We&#39;ll call it "Tijuana North".
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Or "Los Angeles South"...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@27 May 2003 - 14:12
    Way to tote that pigskin, Clocker-

I am enjoying your work immensely.

Yes
    Clocker generaly is a very good read.
    Thats why I think that one day he&#39;ll wake up to Rush Limbaugh/G Gordon Liddy on the radio and after that switch to an afternoon with Foxnews then dinner with Bill O&#39;Reilly/Hannity and Colmes.

Wee Mouse
    She has trickled in from the lounge and it&#39;s good to see That such a sweet girl is interested in world affairs.
    Keep on posting Wee Mouse&#33;

By the way
    What does everyone think of my signature?
    I spent a lot of time making it(mainly because I had to learn) and no one has said one word.
    I know it&#39;s trivial and this ain&#39;t the place to ask but I think I like doing animations and trust your judgments.
    I&#39;ve got photoshop7/Xara3D/PSP/Amorphium Pro/Anim-FX.
    Is there another program like Xara3D?
    Is there a good one I&#39;m missing?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Wee Mouse
    She has trickled in from the lounge and it&#39;s good to see That such a sweet girl is interested in world affairs.
    Keep on posting Wee Mouse&#33;

:">

I&#39;m only here cos i&#39;ve got a modern studies exam tomorrow&#33;

Na kidding - this is a great place&#33; I know i don&#39;t understand half the things that you guys talk about, but it&#39;s interesting and it makes me seem more intelligent when I casually mention some of your facts and opinions in conversation&#33;

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast