Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newsgroups and pre times

shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    do newsgroups have fast pre times.
    comparable to sct and ftn?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    sometimes yes sometimes no.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I am not a n00b BT Rep: +4
    Compared to ftn AND ScT I'd say no.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    what's the average pre time on newsgroups for a popular release like PB or Heroes ?

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    For new TV-Rips its quite fast. alt.binaries.multimedia on EFNet has an auto-filler that usually fills them a few mins after its pre'd (although it can be very slow at auto-filling sometimes)

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    sometimes yes sometimes no.
    and sometimes maybe.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Super Seed Me Please BT Rep: +5
    Most of the time no. The pre times are decent but no where as fast as some torrent trackers (which is really why I switched from newsgroups to torrent)

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    meo's Avatar RANDOM.ADS BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by NRGFreak View Post
    Most of the time no. The pre times are decent but no where as fast as some torrent trackers (which is really why I switched from newsgroups to torrent)
    The fastest pre times on torrents sites I've seen so far are less than 1min for a TV Rip (xvid)
    You can try ChronicTracker & SCC ...both have very fast pre time ..you can also check FTN or ScT if you're lucky enough

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

Cool

It's give and take. Sometimes it's newsgroups and sometimes it's torrents. Though newsgroups will always be faster and more secure.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Well to me, the few minutes I use downloading a file on newsgroups is worth it compared to the few hours it takes for that same file to download and then.....UPLOAD back! Because on private torrent sites you have to keep up a good ratio to use them and they are the ones with all the speed...BUT... you pay the site back by uploading the file back to the site...which can be a pain if your ISP like mine does not even have HALF the speed allocated for uploading as they do downloading! That is why I say screw uploading!

I would rather wait a few hours for a show to come on newsgroups and I can download it at my MAX connection speed from the time it starts until the time it is finished and have that be IT... than to have to upload a file back after I have recived downloading it like on torrents.
    Last edited by webe123; 03-09-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast