Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printing E-books

it realy depends on what kind of printer u have a dot matrix (the kind most home users have) is way too expencive to print out books on ur cartrage if u have aseprit black ink cartrage will do a biut 2-3 books thats like 20 bucks and if u dont have a seprit black cartrage ull be using ur color cartrage to mix colores to black and thats even more expencive if u have this type of printer its cheaper to buy the book most of the time

now if u have a laser printer its not too bad only a peney or 2 a page and ull get alot of books from 1 cartrage the paper is the main expence there u can get cheap paper for it too. so say 2 bucks for 500 pages( less if u buy in bulk) about 2 books

i use my palm for most of my reading exsept manuls and text books i like to wright on them and put tabs to parts i use a lot so i print them out at work on one of the laser printers they dont mind as i use them at work mosty any way and my 200-300 pages is just a drop in the buckit for what we print most of the time any way i do daily reports of 5000 pages so it not even noticeable what rely is upseting is we got to shread the reports of the week before daly too but the shreaded paper dos make good fire starter

2. Lounge   -   #12
    I use a laptop with BookReader by Rudenko software for txt files. It has Auto Scroll, Bookmarks, and even a new Read Aloud option that I haven't tried. And, it is free at Rudenko.com. I also use Palm's bookreader for Windows, along with others by Microsoft & Adobe.

You could buy a really inexpensive laptop, since all you need it for is text, and you could still use it for other things too--games, etc. It would take care of everything, except for when you are driving a car. Try half.com or ebay, they have laptops starting at $99 for a 90 mhz Pentium. I know I couldn't live without mine.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    imported_The__One
    Well, personally, I think that there is no comparison to reading a book as a book, paper an' all, so if u want to print them out, use Corel Ventura, U can make 4 "regular"pages fit into one page, producing a pocketbook, Ventura even has a nifty printing assistant to help U print the book correctly.

Short of that, definitly go for a palm, laptops are horrible for reading books (for me at least), I get headaches after reading a book for some 3-4 hours on a laptop...and also, the cheaper models tend to get VERY hot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12