Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: File-sharing in a library with Wifi

Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    It must have something to do with your UT settings. With 6.1 I have noticed that it may announce and refresh too many times on a tracker thus giving you the red arrows. It ussually corrects itself over time so it depends on how many torretns you are trying to DL and how your setting are set in UT. Let me see if I can find a pm with some setting I changed to and it allowed me to become connectable and gave me better speeds. I tried everything to include port forward and when i changed a few settings it works great
    Thanks, but the setting yo PM'd me didn't help. I hope you got my PM reply.

Any other ideas?

Should I try another torrent client such as Azureus? If so, which of them use low system resources like Utorrent?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I've been having the same problem recently at my uni. I have about 100 torrents seeding. They work fine for an hour or so, and then suddenly they all get a red arrow and say tracker offline (timed out). This happens with all trackers. It only started happening in the last few days, so it might have something to do with the new utorrent 1.6.1. I really haven't been able to find a solution for it yet.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by eLucid View Post
    I've been having the same problem recently at my uni. I have about 100 torrents seeding. They work fine for an hour or so, and then suddenly they all get a red arrow and say tracker offline (timed out). This happens with all trackers. It only started happening in the last few days, so it might have something to do with the new utorrent 1.6.1. I really haven't been able to find a solution for it yet.
    Interesting.

When did version 1.6.1 come out? I must have not noticed the automatic update.

And where can I get the previous version?

EDIT: I found version 1.6 here.
    Last edited by zipzap; 03-19-2007 at 07:56 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by zipzap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eLucid View Post
    Interesting.

When did version 1.6.1 come out? I must have not noticed the automatic update.

And where can I get the previous version?

EDIT: I found version 1.6 here.
    I think I managed to fix it. The problem, I think, was that the large number of active torrents was announcing too frequently and overloading the tracker. It wasn't a problem with 1.6.1. Anyway, I cut it down to about 50 active torrents and it works perfectly now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12