Thread: vista.....wtf?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    WTF is with the Vista permissions??

I created .txt file in notepad, and typed the key for my NAV, then saved it on the desktop. After using it, I go to drag n drop the file in the "Norton Internet Security" folder but it won't let me. I get this error:

I have full privileges with the .txt file, and tried to elevate my privileges of the "Norton Internet Security" folder, but it gives me an error for every file in there.

Basically, Vista won't allow me to drag n drop a fucking file!

Does anyone know how to fix/circumvent this??

Moreover, is there a way to globally set all the users/folders/files to full access?

yo

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Don't know. Did you try Safemode?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    No, didn't try that. That's really not a fix either. (Though I did mention a circumvent) If it's doing it today, then it'll do it tomorrow too - Murphy's Law and all. I need to figure out how to do it.

I could just copy the contents and create a new file in the folder, then copy it, but what will I have learned then?

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Search google on how to disable the user permissions thing, I had to disable cause it was annoying when I tried to install apps and it kept bringing up that permission dialog.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Search google on how to disable the user permissions thing, I had to disable cause it was annoying when I tried to install apps and it kept bringing up that permission dialog.
    I already disabled the UAC (User Accounts Controls), but all that does is stop the incessant pop-ups asking, "Are you sure you want to run ______?"

This just won't let me move a damn file. See above pic.

Are you running Vista? Have you had this issue?

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Are you running Vista? Have you had this issue?
    I was running vista for a couple hours till it got messed up after cleaning the "Windows.Old" via disk cleanup in Vista. After that I was like screw this so I spend almost 9 hours re-installing XP media center..... (Soulda burned my recovery disk on one DVD, but didn't have any and I was in desperate need to burn it, go figure. I don't recall having that problem when I had vista installed though.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Well, it's the folder, not the file. I can do whatever I like with the file, but the folder won't let me do a damn thing. I can't create another file within it, can't rename it, nothing.

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Im not using vista I'm using dos 6.6 and it doesn't ask permission to do anything. Also, it's not doing anything. The dos prompt is just blinking, seems like for an eternity.

But the whole thing makes me think of this.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    Im not using vista I'm using dos 6.6 and it doesn't ask permission to do anything. Also, it's not doing anything. The dos prompt is just blinking, seems like for an eternity.

But the whole thing makes me think of this.
    That link is great.