Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iceman Buying A New Computer :d

Originally posted by ian_l_williams@28 May 2003 - 08:36
    PS what did u decide on the graphics card side of things
    I have look at http://www.tomshardware.com and i Decide To buy a Geforce 4 TI 4200 or Radeon 9500 pro dont know wich one yet

But Thanks For the info m8

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@28 May 2003 - 08:44
    I tend to download between 50-100Gb a month, so burning cds just wasnt cost effective or quick,
    Same Thing Hir M8

Thanks For The Info

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by balamm@28 May 2003 - 09:13
    Packard Bell is just basically the Remnants of the company. They shut down in north america and canada and ended all web support a couple years ago. It's only active in venezuela or somewhere in south america, and in europe.
    I liv in Europ M8 so me think ther will be suport for it..

Thanks For the INfo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    where u buying this pc from?
    also i get either a computer litarte u no or ur self 2 build it part by part as it is cheaper.If ur buying this pc u theres just something i would like 2 point out notice wen ur try 2 find the specs of the pc it usally only states wat the product is but doesnt state the manufactur.so the 160gb hardisk might not be a make never even heard oif

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by monkeyhead@28 May 2003 - 09:28
    where u buying this pc from?
    also i get either a computer litarte u no or ur self 2 build it part by part as it is cheaper.If ur buying this pc u theres just something i would like 2 point out notice wen ur try 2 find the specs of the pc it usally only states wat the product is but doesnt state the manufactur.so the 160gb hardisk might not be a make never even heard oif
    Its A standard pc from a store but i can change anything of it if i would like to for exampel it has standard 160 gb HD i can chnage that to 180 gb HD but then must pay more

BTW the HD merk is maxtor and another thing i cant build a pc but i think this is easier

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Seen as the manufacturers buy their components in bulk it wont b cheaper to build the system urself bit by bit. The advantage of selfbuild is that u can choose exactly wot components u have in ur pc so u dnt end up with any generic crap tht will screw evrything up like the ram in my old pc did

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by o_ICEMAN_o+28 May 2003 - 09:14--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (o_ICEMAN_o @ 28 May 2003 - 09:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--thisiswhoweare@28 May 2003 - 08:44
    I tend to download between 50-100Gb a month, so burning cds just wasnt cost effective or quick,
    Same Thing Hir M8

Thanks For The Info [/b][/quote]
    you need to be careful what media you use for it.

it may not work well with the dvd writer your getting. Like 2 speed media may only be burnt at one speed, even though you have a 2 speed writer. Things like that.

dvd-r&#39;s are cheaper than the + ones, and more compatible, so if you do decide to get it (the PC), you might be best trying these than the +dvds.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by o_ICEMAN_o+28 May 2003 - 00:12--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (o_ICEMAN_o @ 28 May 2003 - 00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ian_l_williams@28 May 2003 - 08:36
    PS what did u decide on the graphics card side of things
    I have look at http://www.tomshardware.com and i Decide To buy a Geforce 4 TI 4200 or Radeon 9500 pro dont know wich one yet

But Thanks For the info m8 [/b][/quote]
    yeh, the 9500 would be a better choice than 9200, if you need a cutting edge 3D card. 9200 is more comparable to Geforce 3 than to Geforce 4.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    If u&#39;ve got the money go for the radeon 9500pro. It got a lot of computer magazines top ratings and I would have got it if practically every retailer in England hadn&#39;t sold out for like a month. It&#39;s quite a lot better than the 4200

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast