Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speakers

Twist3r
    i just got a new subwoofer and i allready got 4 regular speakers but i only got 3 plugins for speakers: Left, Right, and Subwoofer, the subwoofer i got has 2 pugins one for the right and one for the left woofer is there like spiters that i can put on here for more puggins cause i need more :S

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    there is a thing u get so you can plug two pairs of headphones into the same socket. e.g sharin the same cd player. if you can find one of those, just plug the left and right subs into that, and plug it into your sub port on your computer,

edit: found a pic

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Wattage has nothing to do with it.
    By adding speakers to an amplifier you change the impedence(or load) on the amplifier. Consequently the amplifier will work harder to drive those speakers, get hot, and then fail.

I work in the repair business. Don't waste your time.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Twist3r
    ok, my subs can just go on my sterio system thx guys

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Speakers don't consume watts. They have a maximum wattage rating. It refer to how much power in watts you can apply to them safely.

If you connect 4- 8ohm speakers in parallel to the same source the impedence will be much too low and you will overload the amplifier.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Mark Twain

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Mark Twain

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    4 x 8 ohms connected in parallel would be equal to or less than the original 8 ohms!
    8 ohm speakers do not have a resistance of 8 ohms. They are 8 ohms impedance.

If you connect 4x8 ohms in parallel you get something close to 2 ohms.
    If you connect 4x8 ohms in series you get close to 32 ohms.

2 ohms is closer to a short circuit than 8 ohms. Therefore more load on an amplifier.

Most home audio systems should not be run at or less than 4 ohms.

Ok to be precise, they don't consume watts, they consume amps which are converted to watts based on resistance. That's why better ones are vented or fluid cooled, to deal with the watts(heat energy) produced.
    About speaker wattage: It's not about how much energy they produce but the maximum power input in watts you can apply before they overheat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast