Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $10 Per Gig?

Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    your just lucky you can get broadband. I'm stuck on dialup @24,000bps.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    my isp dont have any restrictions. im in uk on 512 cable.
    try another isp?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i think that is pretty expensive, the isp u r with seems pretty shit. the restrictions are pretty crap, espesially for speed of you con. maybe just say, u aint happy wi the service, give them a loada crap, sayin u wanna stay with them etc, after all, all they want is ur money.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Just call them up every day and complain about how awful the service is. Do this ever day for two weeks and see if they keep harrasing you. Just realize that your goal is take make it expensive for you to harrass them than from them to harrass you.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    If you want a free dial up ISP use Juno. It gives an AdBanner but there's a way to get around it. It's pretty simple and gives you unlimited time (no 10 hours a month time limit) and no ads. First what you need to do is start up Juno and make an account (free account). Then connect, after it connects and the banner ad is getting set up and stuff press ctrl-alt-delete and end the process for AdBanner and then hit ctrl-alt-delete again fast and end the process for Juno. It'll give you the Program No Responding box for juno and click end task. Juno and the AdBanner will close but your internet connection in your task bar will stay connected. Simple and since Juno is closed it won't log the amount of hours you spend and won't automaticaly disconnect you after 10 hours. Simple and sweet.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    u think thats bad hear this

1 gig cap for a month

$30 a month

17c per meg over that little did I know about the cap I managed to dl about 8 gig in that month have a guess what my bill was??

then guess what I told the ISP to do??

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Who is your ISP, balamm? I'm waiting for Comcast to say something like that to me, since I constantly have either Kazaa or eMule running.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast