Thread: Problem Running Robot City

here are the minimum/max specs for this game
    Max Supported Color Depth: 8-bit (256 colors); SVGA graphics(256 colors with 640*480 resolution)
    Min Operating System: Microsoft Windows 3.1 or later
    Min Processor Type: Intel 486 or higher 25 MHz
    Min RAM Size: 8 MB

I got a 633 celeron with 256+mb RAM, onboard video--Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller and i have XP pro.

I think that the likely problem is the graphics controller, as in display properties under settings all i can select for color quality is either 16bit or 24bit.

I tried to run it by selecting *run in compatibility with Windows95 *run in 256 colors * run in 640*480 screen resolution. but NO luck. i get two black screens and then it quits right back to desktop. is it even possible to run this game on my comp? if yes, what could be the problem??

2. Games   -   #2
    i found this bit after looking up in 'microsoft help' about running games with 256 color:

"""""""""""The Compatibility tab is available only for programs or games located on your computer's hard disk. It is not available if the program is stored on a floppy disk, compact disk, or a network. """""""""""""

So, does that mean i could get lucky with ripping the game and running it from my HD??(or will it not run at all on XP, then i guess i could set up a dual boot or something? anybody?)