Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the US or Israel attack Iran?

Question Mark

I thought I'd get this in early, in case they do, as many people seemed to have missed the lies and bullshit that led to the present debacle in Iraq.

John Pilger, February 1st, 2007.

The United States is planning what will be a catastrophic attack on Iran. For the Bush cabal, the attack will be a way of “buying time” for its disaster in Iraq. In announcing what he called a “surge” of American troops in Iraq, George W Bush identified Iran as his real target. “We will interrupt the flow of support [to the insurgency in Iraq] from Iran and Syria”, he said. “And we will seek out and destroy the networks providing advanced weaponry and training to our enemies in Iraq.”

“Networks” means Iran. “There is solid evidence,” said a State Department spokesman on 24 January, “that Iranian agents are involved in these networks and that they are working with individuals and groups in Iraq and are being sent there by the Iranian government.” Like Bush’s and Blair’s claim that they had irrefutable evidence that Saddam Hussein was deploying weapons of mass destruction, the “evidence” lacks all credibility. Iran has a natural affinity with the Shia majority of Iraq, and has been implacably opposed to al-Qaeda, condemning the 9/11 attacks and supporting the United States in Afghanistan. Syria has done the same. Investigations by the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times and others, including British military officials, have concluded that Iran is not engaged in the cross-border supply of weapons. General Peter Pace, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, has said no such evidence exists.

The full article.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    No

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The US do appear to have contingency plans for such an attack...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The US have contigency plans for everything, including attacking themselves. It doesn't mean it will happen.

Even they know that attacking Iran would be insane, and about as popular as contracting syphilis.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    If there is an attack against Iran I believe it will be for ideological reason over threat assessment.
    It's very possible that someone in Iran is supplying arms to small factions, this doesn't mean that it's done officially with government approval. The IRA raised a lot of money from people in the USA, this does not mean that the US government or the US population were supporting terrorists. [gratuitous dig at right wingers] terrorist money and terrorist supporters get around [/gratuitous dig at right wingers]
    What I find interesting is that the bulk of the violence against US/coalition troops is at the hands of the Sunnis, who are supported by Saudis, yet this is largely ignored.

AQ is building up again in Afghanistan and probably the most dangerous area is Pakistan which is already nuclear and just a gnats hair away from being controlled by anti western radicals, yet all eyes are looking at Iran.

Now I am not saying that Iran is no threat. What I am saying is that there are much bigger threats out there. Threats that have attacked us already.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I saw it on the BBC news yesterday. My opinion is, only a fool would make such an attack on Iran...so, I suppose it will be Bush.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    I personally think there will be some sort of attack within the next 4-5 years.. (during my army service in the IDF..), Israel? Probably not the leader, but will take a role in attacking.. leaders? UK/US.. partners? France.. to be honest, I even see Russia joining in if they had a nice deal with the Maericans on the outcome... but who knows.

Only time will tell...

Tick... tick..... tick......

boom.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    I personally think there will be some sort of attack within the next 4-5 years.. (during my army service in the IDF..), Israel? Probably not the leader, but will take a role in attacking.. leaders? UK/US.. partners? France.. to be honest, I even see Russia joining in if they had a nice deal with the Maericans on the outcome... but who knows.

Only time will tell...

Tick... tick..... tick......

boom.
    IMO an attack on ran is fast becoming an No No. The only way America will attack is if Israeli attacks first. The UK would not become involved.
    When are the Americans going to learn that any invasion and occupation of another country will just become another Vietnam. Grenada being the exception.
    If only people would learn through history. When ever has Afghanistan been defeated by an invading country? All the major western countries have tried and up to date have failed.

Maybe if Israel got rid of their nuclear weapons then that might help negotiations with Iran. I think I have more chance winning the Lottery.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Please don't.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    Please don't.

Win the Lottery or invade Iran?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast