Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So My Brother Got Caught Downloading Torrents

PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by RushRealSlow View Post
    A few months ago my brother got a letter in the mail saying that they caught him downloading a TV episode using utorrent. They made him e-mail NBC and apologize for downloading. My question is, when i go back home (I'm at college right now) I"m going to be downloading A LOT since I can't at my campus...what are my chances of them catching me like they caught my brother? The thing I also don't understand is, they only caught him downloading one file only. Sorry if this is very n00bish, which it probley is. I just have no idea how people catch you downloading outside of my campus. Thanks for the input!
    so all he had to do was say sorry,sounds a bit sus to me.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Army's Avatar Addicted To MySelf BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    LOL they caught your brother LOL

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Dude Pm Me And I Will Give U Free Invites To 2 Sites That Considered Very Good As A Start

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I'm sorry but I don't know what USENET access is, would you mind explaining at all?

Quote Originally Posted by PooBar View Post
    A few months ago my brother got a letter in the mail saying that they caught him downloading a TV episode using utorrent. They made him e-mail NBC and apologize for downloading. My question is, when i go back home (I'm at college right now) I"m going to be downloading A LOT since I can't at my campus...what are my chances of them catching me like they caught my brother? The thing I also don't understand is, they only caught him downloading one file only. Sorry if this is very n00bish, which it probley is. I just have no idea how people catch you downloading outside of my campus. Thanks for the input!
    so all he had to do was say sorry,sounds a bit sus to me.
    what happened is the RIAA didn't catch him, our internet provider did. They sent us a list of their rules and said that they won't do anything for a first offense, but they will if they catch us again (and nobody in my house can afford any sort of legal action).
    Last edited by RushRealSlow; 03-13-2007 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    what happened is the RIAA didn't catch him, our internet provider did. They sent us a list of their rules and said that they won't do anything for a first offense, but they will if they catch us again (and nobody in my house can afford any sort of legal action).
    If that's the case, is it really worth taking the chance when you get home?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by iNSOMNiA View Post
    If you live in the US stay out of the public trackers.. especially DEMONOID and EZTV (mininova)You should use private trackers only and enable the encryption..
    If you want an invite for a private tracker PM me
    I was wondering if anyone knew of someone that got in trouble using demonoid. I use it sometimes but mainly use private ones or newsgroups, just wondering how much they are policing it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    They made him apologize to NBC??

NBC should apologize to us for the majority of the crap they put on tv.
    ROFLMAO

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pale hose View Post
    If that's the case, is it really worth taking the chance when you get home?
    Well, to be honest, I think my chances of getting caught are low. I don't download a lot. Though I will only be home for a week, so I plan on downloading until I have to leave for my uni. Another thing is, I listen to A LOT of music, and I have NO WAY of paying for ALL of it. I do still buy (some) CDs.

Also, not all CDs are sold here in the United States. I listen to a lot of Japanese music that I have no access to.
    Last edited by RushRealSlow; 03-13-2007 at 04:02 AM. Reason: expanded post

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Turning on encryption might help too.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    hotwebdownload's Avatar The TRADER!!!!!! BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    You can use this site to find out fake trackers
    http://fenopy.com/fakefinder/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast