Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TL's speed is decreasing

the speed is very very fast

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    TL isn't near Demonoid yet. My speeds are just fine.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I have actually noticed a speed INCREASE there recently. Weird....

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its funny just joined thanks to a post from eric , and the speed is faster than I'm used to . Don't know what else say other than still experimenting , I just started a D/L then saw this thread .

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    you need to ask yourself a few questions.

1.) Has my isp made any changes in their policy or network speeds recently.
    2.) Do they block torrents.
    3.) Is there a speed cap set in my torrent client as well as a limit of how many peers my client will allow me to connect to. (Most clients have the option for x amount of speed and x amount of peers so changing this may show a differance.)
    4.) Am I running peerguardian or some other p2p software. (Alot of ips in the peerguardian blocklist arent even ranges that should be in there. For example alot of torrent sites use LT or SL boxes and you will notice alot of those seedbox ip ranges are the ones you are blocking.
    5.) Am I connectable. Do I have a firewall or a hub blocking the other unconnectable people from sending/getting speed to/from me?

I myself havent really noticed any speed differance on the site. I get really good speeds everytime.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    hotwebdownload's Avatar The TRADER!!!!!! BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    you need to ask yourself a few questions.

1.) Has my isp made any changes in their policy or network speeds recently.
    2.) Do they block torrents.
    3.) Is there a speed cap set in my torrent client as well as a limit of how many peers my client will allow me to connect to. (Most clients have the option for x amount of speed and x amount of peers so changing this may show a differance.)
    4.) Am I running peerguardian or some other p2p software. (Alot of ips in the peerguardian blocklist arent even ranges that should be in there. For example alot of torrent sites use LT or SL boxes and you will notice alot of those seedbox ip ranges are the ones you are blocking.
    5.) Am I connectable. Do I have a firewall or a hub blocking the other unconnectable people from sending/getting speed to/from me?

I myself havent really noticed any speed differance on the site. I get really good speeds everytime.
    1 & 2) My ISP is not that smart
    3) I have increased TCP connection limit to 900. So it should not be a problem.
    4) I'm running peerguardian. I have heard of people getting busted nowadays. So I use peerguardian even for private trackers
    5) I've forwarded my port & I'm certainly connectable.

It looks like the problem is with PG blocking away some university IPs with high speeds. Is it safe enough to stop using it?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I never use it.
    My personal opinion.... it doesnt really block them from finding you anymore than having a paper bag over your head while robbing a convenience store.
    They can still see connected to the swarm they just cant see how much youve downloaded and uploaded.

Even with the PG2 on you think they cant sue you?
    Common... they have tried suing people who were already in bodybags, people who were in the grave over 2 yrs. They tried suing little kids.
    They sue whoever whether you use PG or not.

(Waiting for the day they try suing someone with no arms or legs for downloading films using their nose to click the mouse.... Headline: Remember you can click with your nose but you cannot hide hahahaha!!!!)

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    REVTTtorrent's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85
    no the speed with me is very fast
    (gone forever )

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    hotwebdownload's Avatar The TRADER!!!!!! BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    I never use it.
    My personal opinion.... it doesnt really block them from finding you anymore than having a paper bag over your head while robbing a convenience store.
    They can still see connected to the swarm they just cant see how much youve downloaded and uploaded.
    Makes sense. Looks like no one is secure when using torrent. What do you do to protect yourself? I've enabled protocol encryption. Is that enough?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i don't have any problem,

always downloading at 2mb/s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast