Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Random Nut

RN what do you think how much would the RIAA pay you for the code, if they can take down the fasttrack network with it? 
    They already know about the vulnerability so why pay for it?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Although he has exploited the vulnerability, he will not be releasing exploit code into the public domain.   

"I haven't released the exploit code. I don't want some little script-kiddie to close down all of the [FastTrack] network or parts of it," he said.
    I thought you need some kind of code to do it. After all I'm not a big genius when it comes to this things.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    I have that code. It's not a worm, only simple code that can crash/hack my other computer. If I was an evil hacker I could've easily written a worm.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Glad you aint an evil hacker,

don't want a coconut in my pc

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Ah I see.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    Poster
    Originally posted by random coconut@29 May 2003 - 08:27
    RN what do you think how much would the RIAA pay you for the code, if they can take down the fasttrack network with it?
    They already know about the vulnerability so why pay for it?
    How do you know they already know the vulnerability?
    (anecdotal evidence will do, so as not to incriminate your sources... )

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    How do you know they already know the vulnerability?
    (anecdotal evidence will do, so as not to incriminate your sources...
    becuase he posted plenty of information about it already.

no source code though so you would have to have plenty of experience with kazaa to be able to write an exploit it.

thank god mr coconut had enough sense not to publish the code as well otherwise every 1337 5kr1p7 kiddy across the planet would probably use it to slow down the network.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    imported_jamesandpie
    Random Nut could get payed millions by the RIAA and all the record companys that want to see the Fastrack Network abolished. He just needs to publicise it more so more ppl know about it. Not that i want him to though! Long live Fastrack!

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    good work random coco i new there was something wrong with the network myself and it has defently been that worm that has slowed down the network so many users creating an buffer overflow like
    4000 users with net pumper notice the space between net pumper but if you type netpumper you get the real file but if you miss the space you have a file with a few thousand users wich = worm after worm
    that goes for every piece of software between 700kb to 1.8mb and its the same virus 1 creates like 35 folders 1 creates 85 folders and it just keeps uploading virus after virus virtualy so the network has already been exploted IMO. it will need some amount of effort to cleansweep FT.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    Originally posted by jamesandpie@1 June 2003 - 20:45
    Random Nut could get payed millions by the RIAA and all the record companys that want to see the Fastrack Network abolished. He just needs to publicise it more so more ppl know about it. Not that i want him to though! Long live Fastrack!
    Correction, 'Could have' got paid (not sure about millions) but i bet there would have been a fair few 0's. Why would they pay him now though when they already know what the vunerability is and plus sharmen have already patched kazaa and i think the patched klite is on its way.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast