Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should I keep It Online?

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    If you let me know exactly where you are "stalled" I will probably be able to help

<--- not really, but if you have stalled around the area of finding a server(mine ) to connect to...then I can help. Sharing files is not the problem as you and more here from the lounge are already on the server's "friends list" this means you are exempt from sharing files... and can always log on, even when the server had reached it's max_users... which is at the moment is set to 1000

2. Lounge   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    When I log on at first i get the message, "Could not open library".

When I close that it tells me I am not connected.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Ok , so you managed to configure your library, and when you click on that tab you see all your files.

Now also it would appear, you have found the server address to connect to( first tab), there are 6 possible servers you may choose from. Also the "Mensa" servers... If you agree thats where you are.. then try now to connect, I will watch the console and see if I can see this nick JPaul(?) attemting to log in. Coffee or whiskey is available in the main chat the Round_Table

This is the nick as listed in our friends list jpaul , capitals (JPaul) can be used to
    Last edited by thewizeard; 04-01-2007 at 05:22 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    No, when I click on the Library tab it shows as empty. Also I can't see any servers and I can't add any.

Do I need to forward any ports, is that maybe the problem.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Right I've worked out the library thing. It's how to get connected I need to know.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    The ports you don't need to adjust just yet. Unshare any files you may have attempted to share, or don't share any yet.. Like SoulSeek, Lopster uses the right click option. Click on the Server tab, top left, a window will/should open, you may or may not see a list of servers. If we begin with the null option, then right click on that page, and you should see a menu open ... On top of the options, you should see "refresh"try that first..it should then try to connect to Gotnap to retrieve a list of servers, automatically. The window should fill up now with a list of networks and individual servers, that form the networks. It's once more a right click job on any server but try FileSharingTalk.mensap2p.com as that's the Flagship I can see in the console right now every connection attempt, succesfull or failed ..and yes, rossco and SnnY are also in the "list"

You can also manually add the name of the server I showed you just now...

Top Left..in Lopster on the SERVER page, type FileSharinTalk , then go to the left and fill in the server address I gave you above, just change the port in the default view, from 8888 to say 2007 or ..3456 . Right click on the server of your choice and choose connect

I will keep an eye open ..
    Last edited by thewizeard; 04-01-2007 at 06:01 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Connected.

Will have to have a play now, then come back to you when I can't work stuff out.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    nice..then I will hide the whiskey and hagis...

9. Lounge   -   #39

I've made the music directory available just now. However that will take a wee while to index. It used to take ages when one did it as first with soulseek.

Is there a way to browse other people's files or is it simply the search function.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    So you can see what I'm searching for, downloading etc.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast