Thread: Red MOMO V's G25

What's the final verdict on a comparison between the Red MOMO and the G25 ? I have the Red and am wondering if the cost of the upgrade is worth it. I'm thinking i'd get around $200AU for the Red MOMO on Ebay so i'd be up for around $250 for the new setup.

I guess what I really wanna know is has anyone upgraded and was it worth it ? Are the motors that drive the wheel stronger and has any of the notchiness gone away ? Is it a hassle not having as many buttons on the wheel ?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    The motor in my G25 shook the nails out of my desk that holds my wheel, it has very powerful force feedback. If you are very serious about playing racing games then get a G25 because it has clutch and a 6 gear shifter + a Neutral gear, meaning much more realistic. Also, the G25 has 900 degrees of rotation, not too sure about the MOMO.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Just out of curiousity, what game would you play with this thing?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Toca Race Driver 3, RIchard Burns Rally, and GTR 2 is what I play with my G25 and it's compatible with PS2 (GT4).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Is forza 2 going to be compatible with that thing? Do those games take good advantage of the manual shifting? Is it realistic?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Xbox 360 does not support it ( atleast now it doesn't). All those games support the H-Pattern shifter except Toca Race Driver 3 which I use the wheel pedals to shift up and down. Also, GT4 only supports 200 degrees of rotation, where TRD3, RBR, and GTR2 support a full 900 degrees of rotation. It's more realistic to use a wheel than a controller or a keyboard, lol, and this is my first wheel so I have no experience with older wheels.