Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Synchronicity

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    I think you are referring to Morphic Resonance defined by Rupert Sheldrake.
    Yes, but perhaps more as described here in this article

Quote Originally Posted by read the rest of the article
    CH – The brain itself is full of light, according to the Bon tradition and impulses of energy that rush through your body and it’s from your brain that you get great energy that generates life force. There are many Tibetan Bon methods of actually training the brain to generate a higher resonance, a higher frequency, a bigger field of energy. Your brain resonates in the Western musical (system) as a G Major, but you can actually change it and get it to resonate at a different level, here it emanates a different kind of sound. Your brain is actually a generator. And it receives and gives out. You can actually get your brain to store more light and as you store more light, you store more sound.
    http://www.globalvoicesradio.org/The...ld_Poetics.htm

Although, what I am referring to is not only something internal, but also something external, more like a "field of possibilities"; or archetypes, similar to a magnetic field... a sort resonance.. probably it's main aspect would be it's peculiar-ness) of that moment in time.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 03-16-2007 at 11:01 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    How about deja vu?

Actually, I believe all such phenomena are an extension of the somewhat stunted/morphed senses we all still carry in remnant form; leftovers from our very earliest stages of development when day-to-day survival was the paramount concern.

The instinctual perceptions and actions/reactions are still there, but, given we've learned the game of mental escapism (to deal with the resultant boredom), we've never properly cogitated/processed these things.

Accordingly, they remind us (however mysteriously) that they are still part of us.

There is an order of events which are occurring on another plane, and constantly, too.

If you pay attention, you get little hints of it here and there.

Boab sees it when young women fidget, for example.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    How about deja vu?

Actually, I believe all such phenomena are an extension of the somewhat stunted/morphed senses we all still carry in remnant form; leftovers from our very earliest stages of development when day-to-day survival was the paramount concern.

The instinctual perceptions and actions/reactions are still there, but, given we've learns the game of mental escapism (to deal with the resultant boredom), we've never properly cogitated/processed these things.

Accordingly, they remind us (however mysteriously) that they are still part of us.

There is an order of events which are occurring on another plane, and constantly, too.

Normally I never quote a post just above a new post of my own, but the quality of content makes me make an exception to that rule...

What about the experience of Carl Jung?

While a patient was describing to him her dream , which involved the guest appearance of a Scarab Beetle, at that very moment a Scarab Beetle flew through the room... and settled somewhere..now that's what I call meaningful coincidence..

and the subject of deja vu..shall duly be added to the list of phenomena to be discussed in this thread

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    How about deja vu?

The instinctual perceptions and actions/reactions are still there, but, given we've learns the game of mental escapism (to deal with the resultant boredom), we've never properly cogitated/processed these things.

Normally I never quote a post just above a new post of my own, but the quality of content makes me make an exception to that rule...

While a patient was describing to him her dream , which involved the guest appearance of a Scarab Beetle, at that very moment a Scarab Beetle flew through the room... and settled somewhere..now that's what I call meaningful coincidence..

and the subject of deja vu..shall duly be added to the list of phenomena to be discussed in this thread
    I think the definition of Deja Vu as described in 'Catch 22' is brilliant. It goes something like this;

Deja Vu: An infinitesimal time lapse in the operation of two co-operational sensory nerve centres that normally function simultaneously.

I don't know if I have the correct wording(or spelling) as I cant find it in Google.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I think the definition of Deja Vu as described in 'Catch 22' is brilliant. It goes something like this;
    "Yossarian shook his head and explained that deja vu was just a momentary infinitesimal lag in the operation of two coactive sensory nerve centres that commonly functioned simultaneously. The chaplain scarcely heard him. He was disappointed but not inclined to believe Yossarian, for he had been given a sign, a secret enigmatic vision that he still lacked the boldness to divulge. There was no mistaking the awesome implications of the chaplain's revelation: it was either an insight of divine origin or a hallucination: he was either blessed or losing his mind. Both prospects filled him with equal fear and depression. It was neither deja vu, presque vu nor jamais vu. It was possible that there were other vus of which he had never heard and that one of these other vus would explain succinctly the baffling phenomenon of which he had been both a witness and a part; it was even possible that none of what he thought had taken place, really had taken place, that he was dealing with an aberration of memory rather than of perception, that he never really had thought he had seen, that his impression now that he once had thought so was merely the illusion of an illusion, and that he was only now imagining that he had ever once imagined seeing a naked man sitting in a tree at a cemetery."

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

Deja Vu: An infinitesimal time lapse in the operation of two co-operational sensory nerve centres that normally function simultaneously.

I don't know if I have the correct wording(or spelling) as I cant find it in Google.
    Doesn't matter; it's brilliant and it fits.

This type of thing happens so often as to be commonplace...again, if you are paying attention.

I log an abnormal amount of gate traffic at 1234 hrs every couple of days.

I think I mentioned this back down the road a ways.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Yesterday, I was looking through my music collection making a choice of what I would line up to play on my internet radio. One of the tracks I added was by the Cure - A Letter to Elise , I was looking at the lounge forum on FST as it started to play, so I wrote that down in Lilmiss's thread "whatcha-listening-to" https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-wha.../postcount8698
    .. a few minutes later the next door neighbour dropped round for a chat..and while we were talking he asked if he could show me some clips on YouTube. One of the clips he let me see me was by the Cure not the one which caused my eyebrows to rise.... I mentioned that I also had some of the Cure, in my collection...he then said his favourite song by the Cure is "A Letter to Elise"
    Last edited by thewizeard; 03-20-2007 at 09:02 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Yesterday, I was looking through my music collection making a choice of what I would line up to play on my internet radio. One of the tracks I added was by the Cure - A Letter to Elise , I was looking at the lounge forum on FST as it started to play, so I wrote that down in Lilmiss's thread "whatcha-listening-to" https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-wha.../postcount8698
    .. a few minutes later the next door neighbour dropped round for a chat..and while we were talking he asked if he could show me some clips on YouTube. One of the clips he let me see me was by the Cure not the one which caused my eyebrows to rise.... I mentioned that I also had some of the Cure, in my collection...he then said his favourite song by the Cure is "A Letter to Elise"
    There you are.

Confirmation of whatever-it-is at every turn.

Today I logged out a truck laden with a bill #19951 at 0951 hrs.

I took delivery of three flat-beds of new production-line equipment from three different locales; Oregon, North Carolina, and Ohio.

The three drivers were all named Phil.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    point being exposed here, would you have noticed it, if I had not started this thread?

Looking at your choice of smilie, this can not be classed "synchronicity".

I think the time and the bill number significant and possibly should be pursued further perhaps it will lead you to a Philanthropic situation.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It was not mentioned that possibly hundreds of drivers were logged in by a fellow called Kev.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast