Thread: Proscription?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Do members think it is time that some form of proscription be enforced on organizations that don't take punitive action against their adherents who openly break the law in their name?

It has happened all over the world with various 'Political Parties' being banned.

We have Religious organizations distancing themselves from any illegal action that their adherents commit in this country. Go to another country and that same Religion is Financing and calling for that action to to be carried out.

We have 'giant' football clubs where arrests are common place every time they play a game. If a local youth organization had an arrest every weekend at their dances, their dances would be closed down within weeks.

Is it a case of the Local Councils frightened to take action against the 'big boys'?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    With the religious or political groups I am against bans. Any free democratic society should be outraged at such bans. This doesn't mean that activities within the groups should be given immunity from just laws.

I do agree that larger commercial operations enjoy more wiggle room than the local ones. This does seem unfair but that's life. I am split on my opinion about responsibility for the conduct of supporters.

The example of a football clubs.

If said clubs had a problem either inside or directly outside their facilities and failed to take reasonable action such as supplying security then I feel they should be held responsible to a large degree.
    I do however feel it unfair to hold the club responsible for the behavior of fans on the way to and from the grounds

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    With the religious or political groups I am against bans. Any free democratic society should be outraged at such bans. This doesn't mean that activities within the groups should be given immunity from just laws.

I do agree that larger commercial operations enjoy more wiggle room than the local ones. This does seem unfair but that's life. I am split on my opinion about responsibility for the conduct of supporters.

The example of a football clubs.

If said clubs had a problem either inside or directly outside their facilities and failed to take reasonable action such as supplying security then I feel they should be held responsible to a large degree.
    I do however feel it unfair to hold the club responsible for the behavior of fans on the way to and from the grounds
    I think they could overcome that by the club selling all their away ticket allocation and be held responsible for anyone who holds a ticket sold by them. It is a difficult one but someone should be held responsible.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

I think they could overcome that by the club selling all their away ticket allocation and be held responsible for anyone who holds a ticket sold by them. It is a difficult one but someone should be held responsible.
    I can see the merits where you are coming from but am not entirely sure if I could agree.

Perhaps it could be possible for a club to ban certain individuals that commit crimes within their property but not sure how it would be done with outside crimes. Sure the police could issue blacklists, but all this would do is prevent certain people buying tickets. It wouldn't prevent them from following a team around the country and causing trouble.

Do football clubs have season ticket only rules? Can't one just go to the odd match and buy a ticket at the gate anymore?

Personally I think that the ones that should be held accountable for crimes committed outside of the clubs property or immediate area gaining access to it unless the club fails to provide proper security are the persons that commit the crimes and in the religious/political areas anyone that orders or insights the crimes.
    Last edited by vidcc; 03-17-2007 at 11:29 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.