Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa - Farewell

Poster

hello Reality !
    i agree with everything you said ,apart from possibly quitting.
    i only hope Sharman looks at these forums and picks up on your very valid points for the future of their great p2p network.
    regards
    m8t

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Good original post. Sharing does nothing to your downstream bandwidth. I don't know why poeple don't

Don't know what everyone's problem with Emule but I am regularly hitting 20-30 k speeds. Emule is far better and more reliable than Kazaa which now, due to the high porbablility that you're d/l'ing a virus, I only use for music tracks. The big releases never fail with Emule.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Why should "Sharman" do anything? The "Fastrack" network in particular "Grokster" won a very important legal victory against the RIAA with the ruling their P2P program is LEGAL. By trying to "Hide" indentites and IP's they will start playing right into the RIAA's hands and their contention that "Kazaa" was built for illegal file sharing.

NO matter what P2P program you use, you will be dogged by spooks and bots looking for illegal downloads. The only thing that can make a difference is for people to contact your government representative and urge them to repeal the DMCA. Until that is done sharing files is not legal, bottom line.

As for people not sharing it is a growing problem. Downloading music is "Old Hat" as the new thing is Video. More and more people are downloading video as the media continues to publicize(sp) it. Most of these new people did not grow up in the filesharing community and don't give one iotta about sharing. They get what they want and then leave not sharing.anything. This means that there are more and more people seeking files from the limited sources available. That is why there are so many private DC hubs that require a certain amount of Gigabytes sharing before you even get in the door.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I'm new to this but it seems to me KLite is flawed, there is no incentive to share files other than goodwill. You can cheat your PL to maximum, leave it there, share not a single byte and still download. If you have a community - and all that goes with it - then that is fine. If you have - as it seems - a random stopping off point for those involved a one way search of free goodies it will ultimately fail.

I may not be typical but I got discouraged on here after a very short period - OK bear in mind this is all free so complaints of any kind are a little ironic but anyway. I eventually tried another P2P and it was a zillion times better. No comparision. Yes, you can say cheating PL 's puts more files into circulation but in the end it is self defeating. If everyone takes and no one gives it won't work.

Sadly it seems if you hand people the option not to give a lot will take it. My view is that the emule credit system is better, if you don't share you can't download. Simple.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    ive long ago stopped using kazaa.
    The reason i did so was "more sources needed" message i always get from the verified hashes. It is dissapoiting to see a once great network become average, I used kazaa for a long time before I quit, but it just has become unfair to others.
    I now use Emule, sure its slow sometimes but on average speeds of 40KB out of 75KB, its not too bad and its hashing system is so much easier to find sources. Like many that have pointed out in this thread, the emule credits is one of the biggest reasons people share, but sadly I reckon most of us (leechers especially) will become the downfall for p2p.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by velcrom@4 June 2003 - 14:53
    My view is that the emule credit system is better, if you don't share you can't download. Simple.
    That's not quite true and a lot of people are begining to discover it.
    There are always methods to get something for nothing and even emules days may be numbered.
    It's definately slowed down since I started using it.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Seems many things are better than KaZaa though, which was not so true in the past.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    What the hell "FUCK RIAA MPAA AND ALL THE OTHERS!!!" what your all gonna hide just cuase treats are made how the are they gonna get us all Kazaa has 7,000,000 people on every second of the day so there gonna drag us all in and waste money nope there just gonna treat sue and lose how meany people have they sued 2 mabey 3 and the guy who put The Hulk that was his bad for stealling that disc stay on share i have 3 movies 100+ song and alot of software i dont care. we will be fine we will win like always this has been going on for what 3 or 4 years all they got was the shut down of Napster well Napster sucked it was only Mp3's. I think there just the teacher's pet always whining when someone dose something wroung.

If your scare do the update peer guardian every week get a firewall(norton) hide behide a proxy, get a isp no one care's about, and discies you computer so if they did scan your computer it tells them your in a differt state(haha they woulden't find me in virgin like and that where my compuer tells them i am at)

KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_- KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-KEEP P2P ALiVE Stay On K-LITE-_-

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@28 June 2003 - 10:59
    If your scare do the update peer guardian every week get a firewall(norton) hide behide a proxy, get a isp no one care's about, and discies you computer so if they did scan your computer it tells them your in a differt state(haha they woulden't find me in virgin like and that where my compuer tells them i am at)
    1. I do use PeerGuardian which I update twice a week.
    2. A fw dosen't protect you in this situation.
    3. Proxies are not really for KaZaa use.
    4. In a different state, please don't kid yourself, unless you are using a bouncer or the like.

Finally, I am not spooked, just sick of KaZaa and where it is going. Maybe read through my original statement on this post. Although it has been my "babe" for some time, and now is just the "old lady" that I f**k from time to time.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    So... if we are sharing a certain amount of mp3s, we're sued? What if we're not sharing? And, what if we're just downloading movie files?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast