Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hoi Snee

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    in his defence, tho, JP did completely pwn me the once. When he pretended to be Jonno in the drawing room.

I was all like not trying and giving 'Jonno' a chance -- but then he came up with really good points and completley exploited some pwnage windows I'd left ajar.

I was lyke all wtf and stuff. Didn't forgive him for ages
    Are you sure that was me. I don't recall ever portraying someone sexually ambivalent.

I'm glad a hawt burd sorted that particular hornet's nest out.
    Yeah, pretty sure it was you. Git. Speaking of hawt burds sorting out the sexually ambivalent, we haven't seen Baz for a wee while.

Wonder if the heroin shooting, stalking, milk leaving, absolutely gorgeous missus he had finally put paid to him - or whether Tom Leo's moved in as his significant other and curtailed Barry Buffalo's webular activities.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    JP, you said that, going by my english, I was probably eastern european.

I also think you thought I was someone else, 'cos you seemed really suspicious of me.

'tho, in all fairnesss, I kicked things off with a humdinger of a topic. It went something like: "I'm really clever, yet I forget the simplest things. Hence it can happen to everyone, so you should be a bit more tolerant of noobs who ask stupid questions. Everyone can make mistakes". TBH, the logic escapes me now, but at that point I'd gone a lot of hours without sleep, and I think I was under the influence of something or other. Not really my finest moment.

You and 3rd put me down, while skweeky defended me, as I recall

In hindsight, it was a learing experience.

I think busyman was there too, noting that book-learning has nothing on street-smarts.

EDit: I also think I may have listed a heap of stuff I'm good at, and that probably came off as bragging. I think you may have said I was making stuff up.

Either way it took some time before I realised you were ok, like.

EDitII: Now I remember what made me start that thread too. I was all 'cos I first cawked up the portugese segment on some contest at a conference or something (still finished second or third), and then I'd still had a shot at the best possible price (some enormous dictionary-thingie worth lots(there was this table full of prices and we could pick what we wanted)) only I'd not quite understood that I could pick that one, or I'd missed it 'cos there was a fat chick in front of me blocking my view of that one, can't remember which.

So I was all like "I can do this, and this and this, but I can't manage doing the simplest things without screwing up".
    Last edited by Snee; 03-23-2007 at 08:55 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    JP, you said that, going by my english, I was probably eastern european.

I also think you thought I was someone else, 'cos you seemed really suspicious of me.

'tho, in all fairnesss, I kicked things off with a humdinger of a topic. It went something like: "I'm really clever, yet I forget the simplest things. Hence it can happen to everyone, so you should be a bit more tolerant of n00bs who ask stupid questions. Everyone can make mistakes". TBH, the logic escapes me now, but at that point I'd gone a lot of hours without sleep, and I think I was under the influence of something or other. Not really my finest moment.

You and 3rd put me down, while skweeky defended me, as I recall

In hindsight, it was a learing experience.

I think busyman was there too, noting that book-learning has nothing on street-smarts.

EDit: I also think I may have listed a heap of stuff I'm good at, and that probably came off as bragging. I think you may have said I was making stuff up.

Either way it took some time before I realised you were ok, like.
    To be fair I was a cunt. You must bear in mind that I was really new to the concept of interwebs speaking and forums at that stage. I was still very much under the impression that I was interacting with a computer screen. And also a lot of the time I just joking with chaps without realising that they have no way of knowing that.

A story from :earl:. Two blokes I know, decent guys both were having a conversation. One told the other that for about five years he thought the first one was a total cunt. It was from a time they were working together, the one was really new to the job and the other said something like "Have you made a note of that", the n00b replied that he hadn't and the other bloke opined that he was a bit of a cawk and a noob for not having done so.

Turns out he was joking and couldn't remember the incident properly. However the n00b didn't realise that and thought the guy was just a total cunt. held the view for years.

True story and honestly I was not one of the people concerned. I wasn't the other one either.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    I just put it down to cultural differences and me having crappy people skills.

The first thing you called me mate, or something like that, it felt a bit surreal, tho', even after all that time

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Look I don't want to get all ghey about this or anything, but I hope you know I think you're a top bloke.

I have little or no recollection of our initial encounters. However that's true of me with anyone else here. Or indeed anywhere. I'm quite zen about the whole thing and every day is a new one.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    You were my first interwebs-nemesis

And also: thanks, and same to you.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    It would be interesting to hear from my regular correspondents and find out how many felt a similar way. There's you and manker, I'm confident of that one as well. I know fugley and I (the original one) started off on totally the wrong foot but I like to think that changed. Certainly our PMs suggested so. Jonno in his celebs are us manifestation was another one.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Although our first meeting was on an abortion thread I found you lucid and reasonable - the Fugley character just made me laugh although the Sadowitz avatar was a step for a hint.

I fell out with somebody who had a go at my kids but am buggered if I can remember who it was.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Although our first meeting was on an abortion thread I found you lucid and reasonable - the Fugley character just made me laugh although the Sadowitz avatar was a step for a hint.

I fell out with somebody who had a go at my kids but am buggered if I can remember who it was.
    Mr JP Fugley was an invention which Fugley and I shared. I created him and sent the password to Fugley.

The original concept was that sometimes he would post in a normal, lucid manner with an affectation of verbose and overly flowery English.

sometime he would talk shit coz he was a mad angrey bastard.

Something of a schizoid character.

That's not the case any more, hasn't been for some time. It's just another account I use now. When Fugley stopped posting here it just seemed a bit pointless having the hybrid character.

It wasn't any account I use which had a go at your weans, I wouldn't do that deliberately. Tho' I fully accept that there may have been some misunderstanding. As we have seen that can happen.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I seem to remember our first conversations being quite warm and fuzzy....its all a haze after that.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast