Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A novel idea?

Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    everything

2. Lounge   -   #12
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Are you suggesting that if I decide to make a new account that I PM everyone with my A/S/L on the off-chance that they want to cyber?

I'm a hawt 29 year old with big woman bumps btw.
    not for that reason. so you won't accidentally flame a good friend.

and also, if you create alot of really good aliases, and are really good at being those aliases, wouldn't it be possible to be too good at it one day, and start acting like that in real life?

like someone walks up to you and starts talking to you and you bust out with "yeah manker's aight i think he told me he's got this new job he had applied for.."

i mean yeah it's cool and funny but dont' you ever get confused about how your different personalities should act toward each other and the rest of the world? you must be one of those mad genius types maybe? or is it no one pays attention enough to notice the discrepancies.

@jpaul- i dont' totally disagree with that. i'll sleep on it, and get back to one of you. preferable the one that likes me most!

if he exists
    Last edited by MediaSlayer; 03-24-2007 at 10:56 AM.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Are you suggesting that if I decide to make a new account that I PM everyone with my A/S/L on the off-chance that they want to cyber?

I'm a hawt 29 year old with big woman bumps btw.
    not for that reason. so you won't accidentally flame a good friend.

and also, if you create alot of really good aliases, and are really good at [i]being[/] those aliases, wouldn't it be possible to be too good at it one day, and start acting like that in real life?

like someone walks up to you and starts talking to you and you bust out with "yeah manker's aight i think he told me he's got this new job he had applied for.." i mean yeah it's cool and funny but dont' you ever get confused about how your different personalities should act toward each other and the rest of the world? you must be one of those mad genius types maybe? or is it no one pays attention enough to notice the discrepancies.

@jpaul- i dont' totally disagree with that. i'll sleep on it, and get back to one of you. preferable the one that likes me most!

if he exists
    manker told me he didnt get the job and was keeping his old one

and that cheese and him had reconciled their body and were now whole

youve ruined my life MediaSlayer good going

Everything i believed in was a lie.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    80% of the lounge or 80% of the rest of the forum?

I can't distinguish against you're (i'm talking to you, manker) many different english personalities/aliases if you do have them, but there *seem* to be some truly unique members from *my* vantage point, such as lilmiss,adster,busyman,j2k4,biggles,ect...

but getting back to the idea, couldn't we just lay down some etiquette? because i dont know about you, but pm'ing with someone who i think is female, and finding out it is a male, is rather unpleasant from this end.

just some simple guidlines like:

IF i use a clone THEN i'll tell you in pm before i ever let use the clone so you'll know ahead of time IF i know you well enough to trust you..

or something along those lines
    I find it really easy to tell when someone adopts an alternative ID. Just look out for the unique grammar nuances - everyone has got them, even me

Posting style is another dead-givaway.

If you want to cyber with a member that has a vaguely feminine name but you need an explicit PM to tell you that 'she' is actually a regular member using a different handle, then you should probably stick to licking windows.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    hey it took 2 months before I got caught out with this account..
    it was BOTs genius that worked it out

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    80% of the lounge or 80% of the rest of the forum?

I can't distinguish against you're (i'm talking to you, manker) many different english personalities/aliases if you do have them, but there *seem* to be some truly unique members from *my* vantage point, such as lilmiss,adster,busyman,j2k4,biggles,ect...

but getting back to the idea, couldn't we just lay down some etiquette? because i dont know about you, but pm'ing with someone who i think is female, and finding out it is a male, is rather unpleasant from this end.

just some simple guidlines like:

IF i use a clone THEN i'll tell you in pm before i ever let use the clone so you'll know ahead of time IF i know you well enough to trust you..

or something along those lines
    I find it really easy to tell when someone adopts an alternative ID. Just look out for the unique grammar nuances - everyone has got them, even me

If you want to cyber with a member that has a vaguely feminine name but you need an explicit PM to tell you that 'she' is actually a regular member using a different handle, then you should probably stick to licking windows.

Tho would be funnier CHEESE if you weren't a liar and a thief. I bet your ladyfriend isn't even really a crab. WHAT ELSE HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME?!?!?!?!

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathea View Post

Tho would be funnier CHEESE if you weren't a liar and a thief. I bet your ladyfriend isn't even really a crab. WHAT ELSE HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME?!?!?!?!

One thing that neither of us knew, until just now, is that me, my missus and a couple of friends are driving down to Plymouth to meet me and my girlfriend for a cosy sixsome involving drinking dens and arm wrestling.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    my bad, i wasn't clear enough about the pm thing to begin with.

I didn't mean a sexual pm, i meant even a regualar, ordinary pm. I don't speak the same way to a female in pm as I would a male. Not much difference, but there is some difference.

posting style/grammatical tendencies:

there are a bunch that i've noticed. but the one i notice more is-

imho,
    jp uses "like" in a unique way, that i(think) i can recognize most of the time not to mention the flow of ideas that's also noticeable

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathea View Post

One thing that neither of us knew, until just now, is that me, my missus and a couple of friends are driving down to Plymouth to meet me and my girlfriend for a cosy sixsome involving drinking dens and arm wrestling.
    Tell me at least one half of you owns a camera

10. Lounge   -   #20
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster View Post
    hey it took 2 months before I got caught out with this account..
    it was BOTs genius that worked it out
    You post monosyllabic drivel, which few people read. How or why would anyone "catch you out".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast