Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna Get Sued Due To Banner?

TRshady
    Hi,
    I noticed the banner for your site said 'The BEST site on the internet' - i'd take that out before someone sues you. Seriously, you can't say something like that if it isn't true.
    Just thought I'd  let you know, even though you probably won't do anting but oh well.
    I just got this as a PM and want your opinions on the subject, the banner is supposed to be humorous so people shouldn't sue me or compliant over this should they?

What do you guys think?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    If anything, the cd keys and sega roms would be the problem. Not the claim of Best site on the Internet.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    well considering this is an age where EVERYBODY SUES EVERYONE for the most ignorance reasons, maybe. like that mother sueing mcdonals becuase it made her kids fat. also cool avater i;m a big Eminem fan

4. Lounge   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If anything, the cd keys and sega roms would be the problem. Not the claim of Best site on the Internet.
    Exactly...

And after Sega has spit you out the simians would have a go...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by dingoBaby@30 May 2003 - 14:27
    True.

However, saying it's The best site on the net, without any prove, is illegal. IT's whats called disguising the truth or even with holding the truth with intent.

I'm not saying some guy is gonna come on and actually sue him, it was jsut a point I thought I'd make.. Don't like to see fellow p2p'rs get knocked down like that.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    what defines the best site on the net then?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Was nothing wrong in that banner imo... so let them sue you... freedom of speech and your own opinion in that counts... B)

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by spudlover+30 May 2003 - 14:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spudlover @ 30 May 2003 - 14:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dingoBaby@30 May 2003 - 14:27
    If anything, the cd keys and sega roms would be the problem.&nbsp; Not the claim of Best site on the Internet.
    True.

However, saying it&#39;s The best site on the net, without any prove, is illegal. IT&#39;s whats called disguising the truth or even with holding the truth with intent.

I&#39;m not saying some guy is gonna come on and actually sue him, it was jsut a point I thought I&#39;d make.. Don&#39;t like to see fellow p2p&#39;rs get knocked down like that. [/b][/quote]
    Its called advertising, and its perfectly legal.

As its a &#39;subjective&#39; matter, all he would have to prove is that someone (even himself) thought it was the best site on the net.....

Its not as if he&#39;s claiming you will lose weight by visiting there, or is garanteeing that you will get laid.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    click here an u will instanly be ship 5 sexy laides www.youragullabledumbass.com

10. Lounge   -   #10
    jetje's Avatar former star
    funny comments on your site... well not totally my taste in graphics but kinda funny...
    keep up the good work.. B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast