Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    By encouragement of Clocker, I have started this topic!

In my Modern Studies class, there was one guy who beleived that September 11th was done by the US government so they could start attaking iraq etc.

Another great one is the man on the moon thing...

people around me have said "oh but the flag fluttered" - yeah, it was made to! It had a special bit of metal across the top of the flag!
    they also say "the shadows aren't right!" - to this I say "And you obviously know this cos you've been on the moon so many times?"

What do you opinionated ones think?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Conspiracy Theories are a great way of keeping the Paranoid busy and stopping them hassling you on buses.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Lounge   -   #3
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    here

they're out to get ya

4. Lounge   -   #4

I'll keep that in mind my fellow rodent!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@30 May 2003 - 16:06
    By encouragement of Clocker, I have started this topic!

In my Modern Studies class, there was one guy who beleived that September 11th was done by the US government so they could start attaking iraq etc.

people around me have said "oh but the flag fluttered" - yeah, it was made to! It had a special bit of metal across the top of the flag!
    they also say "the shadows aren't right!" - to this I say "And you obviously know this cos you've been on the moon so many times?"

What do you opinionated ones think?
    I've always known you were one of Them!!!

It always start as disinformation ( the 9/11 anecdote you gave is a perfect example! ), serving someone's purpose (whatever it is&#33 and you will always have gullible people actually believing anything ( remember the gators in the sewers? Or Keith Richards having his blood replaced? )... Anyway, no matter what you will say to these people, their mind is set on it and you won't be able to convince them they are wrong!

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Gurahl+30 May 2003 - 16:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gurahl @ 30 May 2003 - 16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--WeeMouse@30 May 2003 - 16:06
    By encouragement of Clocker, I have started this topic&#33;&nbsp;

In my Modern Studies class, there was one guy who beleived that September 11th was done by the US government so they could start attaking iraq etc.&nbsp;

people around me have said "oh but the flag fluttered" - yeah, it was made to&#33; It had a special bit of metal across the top of the flag&#33;
    they also say "the shadows aren&#39;t right&#33;" - to this I say "And you obviously know this cos you&#39;ve been on the moon so many times?"

What do you opinionated ones think?&nbsp;
    I&#39;ve always known you were one of Them&#33;&#33;&#33;

It always start as disinformation ( the 9/11 anecdote you gave is a perfect example&#33; ), serving someone&#39;s purpose (whatever it is&#33 and you will always have gullible people actually believing anything ( remember the gators in the sewers? Or Keith Richards having his blood replaced? )... Anyway, no matter what you will say to these people, their mind is set on it and you won&#39;t be able to convince them they are wrong&#33; [/b][/quote]
    True... my neighbour told me that loadsa people think a Florists killled Princess Diana to boost flower sales&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    No it actually was the mayor of Paris himself, just to raise attention of the danger of driving real fast...

8. Lounge   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Congratulations WeeMouse.
    A serious topic ( and no mention of cheese... now that&#39;s what I call progress).

I enjoy a good conspiracy debate and Lord knows with the pitious dissembling that is practised daily by our government, we have more than sufficient reason to doubt anything they say.
    Sufficient plausable evidence can be assembled to support almost any position- witness the granddaddy of all conspiracies...Who shot JFK?- which leads to the problem, I think.

Once entered, the rabbit hole becomes inescapable. If you doubt premise #1 (i.e. Lee Harvey Oswald acting alone) then every premise that follows must be viewed with the same critical eye.
    An endless spiral.

Fun, to be sure, but conclusive...never.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by clocker@30 May 2003 - 16:23
    Congratulations WeeMouse.
    A serious topic ( and no mention of cheese... now that&#39;s what I call progress).

I enjoy a good conspiracy debate and Lord knows with the pitious dissembling that is practised daily by our government, we have more than sufficient reason to doubt anything they say.
    Sufficient plausable evidence can be assembled to support almost any position- witness the granddaddy of all conspiracies...Who shot JFK?- which leads to the problem, I think.

Once entered, the rabbit hole becomes inescapable. If you doubt premise #1 (i.e. Lee Harvey Oswald acting alone) then every premise that follows must be viewed with the same critical eye.
    An endless spiral.

Fun, to be sure, but conclusive...never.
    Clocker - I think I am progressing....I managed to understand nearly all of your post, even when rabbits came into it&#33;

i guess there&#39;s just no trust in the world, and that&#39;s why we are reluctant to beleive much...

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Its all true i tell ya....

Erm, isnt the latest one RODS?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast