Thread: Users Cancelling Downloads ?

So. I read through the verified hashes - I note a few goodies I'd like to d/l - in go the hashes, thanks very much. Actually no.

When I do eventually find some sources I get a brief connection, a list of the one or two users who have the file but then instead of down loading my status jumps back to the much loved "more sources needed" Grrrrrrrrrr !

Is this because I'm being queued ( in which case why doesn't it say remotely queued ? ) or are my downloads being cancelled by the users who have the file I'd like to download ? Why would someone do that ? I always share the files I d/l ( easily checkable ) so there must be another reason. Is this like a masonic thing ? You have to be in some inner circle to d/l certain ( usually newly released ) files ?

Come on, who's got the lederhosen and the dodgy handshake thing going ? Eh ?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    One reason is you try to download too many files ,try this:If you want to download a file from a hash link try to download only one file and activate speedup ,another reason is the time because i live in Europe maybe you living in the US and when i go to bed you drink the morning tea .

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Remotely Qued means that you've found a source.....but all the upload slots for that source are busy.

In other words...wait your turn

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Five files is I think the absolute maximum I have ever had waiting to be d/l. I added a few for the screenshot to make my signature page B) I will try one at a time as you suggest.

I wondered about the geography / time zone aspect but I am in Europe, so I was figuring all the files of mass distraction must be hidden in the US somewhere.........

OK. Back to reality. I'm just impatient - I hate waiting and then - even worse - you find a source and then it vanishes - grrrrrrrr

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Rat Faced

I know that !

What I'm saying is that I go from "connecting" straight to "more sources needed" there's nothing remotely queued about it

That is someone cancelling the download. No ? :'(

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I have seen some of your other posts, are you behind a fw or router? If so, this could effect your connections. If your new to KaZaa, then the truth is it sucks compared to the days of past, you have jumped on board of a sinking ship.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    here is an idea that works a lot better for some people. look at the hash and the file size. go to search and type in whatever you are looking for and download the file w/ the file size in the hash.

you will often get sources that way.

btw, the hash may be 1 or 2 kb off the actual filesize.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    I think u have to be just patient thats the problem with varafieds

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by velcrom@30 May 2003 - 10:33
    When I do eventually find some sources I get a brief connection, a list of the one or two users who have the file but then instead of down loading my status jumps back to the much loved "more sources needed" Grrrrrrrrrr !
    Sounds a LOT like "optimal bandwidth while idle" at work.

The uploader's connection is heavily overloaded, but accepts excessive numbers of new uploads. They'll start, send out a few KB's -- and thus appear to be ok at first, the speed will then quickly drop off, and they'll disconnect due to packet collission and loss due to the uploader's overloads. Kazaa for some reason then marks that ip as 'bad' at least for a little while and neither retries it nor gets remotely queued.

If you pause and restart, it'll probably reconnect again and give you a couple KB's...