Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignore Function

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    What the fuck ? I'm almost ashamed to admit I belong to this forum . If its just the ignore function I could understand ,when names are mentioned I have a problem with that . I suggest you mods show some class and close this hurtful thread .

Sorry if it was my name not others I'd feel the same way , it's tactless and full of malice , should be locked and deleted .

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    What, are people not going to get your respect Peat.

What would the point be in locking it if they were going to delete it. That doesn't even make sense.

How is it hurtful, it's what Adster wants, attention. That's why he starts loads of threads, loads of pointless threads. That's what people don't want to see. It spoils it for everyone as the real threads are dropped off the page.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    I did n't mean me , I just thought it was cruel . Might of had your name or Ross still thought it was chicken shit . I guess I was asking to delete then .

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I've taken Adster off ignore now because he has stopped making duplicate threads and bumping old crap threads. If he wants to act like a cawk he can expect to be treated like a cawk.

Anyhow, it's probably best we did name who we were blocking as it helped in the troubleshooting process (ie we figured out that blocking Alien5 caused the ignore function, as it was modded, to break because of the huge number of posts he made in the $20 thread). You'd hate MCHeshpant's sig...
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-31-2007 at 04:55 PM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    I thought the whole point of the lounge was to post goofy or heart felt threads about what ever and where ever ? Thats what made it different in my eyes , its suppose to be fun ?

Now we complain about duplicate posts and someone who doesn't play by the rules ? Oh shit there goes the neighborhood .

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Now we complain about duplicate posts and someone who doesn't play by the rules ? Oh shit there goes the neighborhood .
    I said duplicate threads not duplicate posts. Basically the first 4-5 pages of the Lounge index were threads made by Adster and a couple of others, most of them duplicates. Effectively meaning I couldn't see the Lounge for his crap.

I thought the whole point of the lounge was to post goofy or heart felt threads about what ever and where ever ? Thats what made it different in my eyes , its suppose to be fun ?
    That's what we were trying to do, but an attention whore decided he would spoil everyone else's fun. With the ignore function now in place, if he or some other loser hilariously tries it again then I just put them on ignore and I can see the lounge again. And I will be "tactless and full of malice" towards these type of attention whores, especially if they think what they are doing (spoiling the lounge) is funny or in any way acceptable.
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-31-2007 at 05:31 PM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    I'm not trying to pick a fight Chesse , I think its obvious that I stood my ground on the name issue . Thats all it was, the naming of a member was a sore point with me and still is . I can't win nor you on this , I just thought it was unfair that someone choose this forum to belittle a member . As I said it could be you or Hairbutt and I'd still feel the same way .

Hope some would stand up for me if roles were reversed .

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Other people use the lounge, so just starting loads of threads with no point just spoiled it for everyone else. It meant that you couldn't see anything else. In fact on a couple of occasions he said he was going to drop everything else off the front page.

People told him that it was annoying and by his attitude he replied "fuck you". So why should people not mention his name, he didn't give a fuck what they wanted.

The ignore function allowed people to enjoy the threads without seeing a page full of crap. If he stops doing that, then I feel no need to have him on ignore. I've said this before as well. I don't want Adster on ignore, but it was the simplest way to solve the problem.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    I said duplicate threads not duplicate posts. Basically the first 4-5 pages of the Lounge index were threads made by Adster and a couple of others, most of them duplicates.
    That really was annoying to see multiple threads that really served no use. Kept some of the 'fun' threads off the fontpage of the section. I agree to that, shame on that user

There was also a server issue around that time where some threads were duplicated like 6 or 7 times. All had the same title tho' and it happened in other parts of the forum, too. Come to think of it I don't think it happened in the Lounge...Those annoying threads had different titles anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    As I said it could be you or Hairbutt and I'd still feel the same way .
    Yeah. It hurts to be named
    Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 03-31-2007 at 07:09 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I didn't even realize you were naming names to be hurtful.
    I thought it was just in fun like me saying i have reality on ignore.

If I realized that I would have removed the names wen they were first posted...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast